Super Swamp Fox Build

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Super Swamp Fox Build

Super Swamp Fox Build

Thanks to 6x6World member 6WHHEELSORBUST I finally got a Super Swamp Fox for my collection. First of all, this thing is WIIIIIIIDE! I started tearing everything apart and making a list of what I'll need. First off, I just learned that there was particle board sandwiched between two layers of fiberglass on the floor on of the SSF just like a Terra Tiger. This makes it strong and heavy, this one especially since it was soaked with water and rotted. I had to cut the first layer of fiberglass off and remove the particle board which was nothing but water saturated wood fibers.

I'll be putting in new marine plywood and fiberglassing over it. Besides a few minor chips and scratches in the body, this is the only major flaw I can see now.

The frame is really nice. It is straight and rust free. I'll just paint that and it'll be ready to go. There were no axles or sprockets so I'll be making some new ones with 1.25" 4140 Chromoly. It needs bearings and flanges and they are 72mm Max bearings and 3 hole flanges so I'll be able to get those directly from Recreatives or Buffalo Bearing. I need to make a steering lateral, chains, sprockets (I might be able to use Max IV sprockets), seats and seat frame, a front floor pan, clean the gas tank out, do some paint work, and a bunch of other little things, but all in all it's a very good starting point for a project.

I have a brand new Kohler 23HP Command engine with a Max wiring harness and Comet Duster clutch that I'll be using for power, and I have a T-20 for it all set to drop in. Here are a few pictures of the progress so far.

And the dogs are curious and ambitious to help out.

"Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Sounds like it's going to be a real keeper, JP. 'Gonna have it ready for Busco in three weeks?
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Looking good Jeff, Definately bring it to Ash. in June, I wanna ride

Nice to finally see the pics of your new toy Jeff. Hurry up and bring it to Busco.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

That's a clean looking body and frame. Good find Jeff. 23HP is about perfect. You'll be happy that you got what you did, making room for new axles, sprockets and chains. I got a sheet of UHMW 4'x10' in size, and will make myself a dandy skid plate with coverage even for the front and back slopes. You ought to think about something like that while everything is apart.

Cool Jeff!!! Sounds like it will be an awesome machine once again when your done! Good luck with it!

Those things are huge! The guy I got my superchiefs from had one. It's hard to tell the size of them in stand alone pics, but when you see it next to like an Attex, WOW! Cool machine, can't wait to see what you do with it Jeff.
    Attex, there is no substitute

Quote Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
    Those things are huge! The guy I got my superchiefs from had one. It's hard to tell the size of them in stand alone pics, but when you see it next to like an Attex, WOW! Cool machine, can't wait to see what you do with it Jeff.
    Your not kidding. The first one I saw I was like holy honkin hay bales, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by LarryW View Post
    ...holy honkin hay bales...
    Woah Larry, this is a family site.

Jeff, this is going to be a fun build to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Woah Larry, this is a family site.
    Yea I know, I used to say it all the time but when I got older, people started looking at me funny?

+ Reply to Thread