T20 red spring?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T20 red spring?

T20 red spring?

Finally got a chance to try the attex after the 4stroke conversion. Had a question though. I knew it would loose the top end the 2 stroke had but I'm wondering if I need to change the spring on the t20? I have read on here about people switching to a red spring. What will switching to the red spring give me? I put a 16hp honda clone and runs great besides the governor limiting the throttle which i'm fine with. The other thing I have noticed is if I take off from a dead stop and let everything whined out it runs good but if I let off and get back on it there is no top end. What could this possibly be? thanks.

Cool, glad you got it going.

The red spring is stiffer so it will hold the cvt system from shifting to give you more torque. You wouldnt really have to mess with it but that depends on you and what you want to use if for. I know you said you didnt care so much about the governor but when I did mine and my brothers it gave all around better performance. Even on low end which is weird but it holds the throttle from opening up all the way, no matter the rpm. I had issues trying to get the throttle to open up mainly because the throttle cable needed more travel then the throttle lever would allow.
    As for your no top end thing after letting off, Im kinda stumped. I wonder if its the cvt system not shifting down and its staying in the upper range. That would be a driven clutch issue. Maybe a weak spring or something else binding the pulley faces from closing. Another way to tell if its the driven clutch is to go up a steep hill. If it bogs down it maybe the the problem. Once it bogs down, stop and take off again and if it has more power then its probably the issue. Also if you could get someone to drive it while you watch the system working you might be able to see what its doing. Or do you think its an engine issue?

I'm wondering if its a gonernor issue. How do you keep the engine from over revving with no gonernor? That is my fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    I'm wondering if its a governor issue. How do you keep the engine from over revving with no governor? That is my fear.
    I have an ungoverned Bandolero in the Max IV and it is almost impossible to overrev it unless the T20 is in neutral (impossible with 4 strokes clutches, may be with a set of 2 strokes pulleys.)
    2008 MAX-IV 500T 30hp Bandolero

I have a PowerMax 16hpe and I have revved the crap out of it and have never had an issue. I mean I have held it open for stupid long periods of time trying to catch up to people or what ever. I wouldnt worry about it.

Ok, then I have 1 more question. I have read about removing the gonernor do you have to take the gear box apart and remove the parts inside there or can I just remove the lever from that and hook up the linkage? I cant wait to try it without the governor. It's got some torque with that on I can only imagine without it.

I don't remember the exact site, but i think it was on one of the cart sites (go kart or golf kart). Most were saying you don't want to remove the gear from the inside, something to do with it being used as an oil splasher. Just something to think about.

I was reading some of the posts on the kart sites and was wondering about that gear. I'm going to leave it and just disconnect the linkage.

Check out post #3... thanks larry.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/engin...le-return.html

Thanks gearhead. That answered my questions and gave me some ideas.

+ Reply to Thread