1970's scrambler

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 1970's scrambler

1970's scrambler

I have what I believe to be a 1970 something scrambler. I haven't looked at it close enough to see if it has a sticker on it telling what year it was made. It looks to be all original in amazing shape. It does not have the steering wheel, but it does have skid steer type handles that seem to work very well. Has the Tecumseh 16 hp single cylinder that runs and idles very well. It also has plastic tracks, windshield, LED lights (not original) with the original lights underneath but not hooked up, and front winch. The tracks look to me like standard argo tracks but have no argo printing on them. There are no cracks anywhere on the upper or lower tub and it is fiberglass. I haven't had it in the water yet but there is no indication as to why it wouldn't float. I'm not sure how much something like this is worth. It looks like it has very little use and has always been stored inside, I'm almost afraid to use it. I'll get some pictures up tomorrow. Does anyone have any idea what something like this is worth?

Do you have any pictures you can upload to the gallery? I do not know the scrambler market at all but I would guess the value was in the $2,000-3,000 range. Let's see what everybody else thinks.

I think Mike is high. If it is as described, I would say $1500 or so. The tracks add to the value, but not as much as I think Mike figured in his math.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Wouldn't reverse be almost a requirement for a tracked vehicle?

It also has reverse and that works as well.

sounds nice,I have owned 2 scramblers and liked them both,however Mine had no reverse.I have a scrambler now with a max frame and drivtrain,the t20 trans beats the scramblers hydraulic clutch plates however once a scrambler is adjusted properly its a lot of fun.I liked the steering wheel setup.

Well the older fiberglass ones are not always as easy to sell and yours has a tecumseh (just a so-so motor) but $2500 would be a great deal with fixed tracks that are fully connected! Its great that you have a few options too! (Windshield etc)
    From the sounds of it u have a nice machine and 2500 is the magic number and anything under 2000 i would NOT take. Goodluck!

Does this have the electric reverse? Pictures please I have never been able to find any pictures ever of the motor set up! The stick models (no wheel) I believe are the higher end versions, more expensive from what I recall. Is it a 3 seater (1+2) or 4 (2+2)? Wondering if it's actually a later model.

I believe the 4 seater, stick steering models were the later models after the Scrambler Company was purchased by another company (in Michigan I believe). They came with OH160 Tecumseh engines and beefier clutch/friction drive components.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Sorry everyone it has been a crazy couple of weeks with all the snow. It is the 4 seater, with stick steering. I thought maybe the previous owner took out the steering wheel and replaced with sticks. Good to know, thanks for all the information so far. I will try to get those pictures up soon.

Also, the reverse has a toggle switch I have to flip up then there is a push button that engages the reverse.
    Last edited by curtains21; 01-14-2016 at 06:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread