how long and how fast

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: how long and how fast

how long and how fast

Just wondering how long and how fast do most people drive their machines for. The longest I drove my conquest for was approx 2.5 hours at about 3/4 speed non stop then had break for 15 minutes. Is this to hard or to long of a run on these machines?
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

I work the heck out of mine, take care of it and it'll do good!

6hrs, loaded to the hilt, at every speed (stuck to WFO)

RD

As long as maintenance is done and you don't overheat the engine I think long run times at 2/3 to 3/4 throttle is ideal for engine longevity.

From what i understand, if you get a Snapper lawn mower that has a Kawasaki (or briggs and stratton) engine in it, when you put the lever to "rabbits" (and not turtles) it runs up agains the governor. I firmly beleive so long as you have GOOD oil in it and decent air flow (if it is over 90 degrees take your hood off) you can do no harm to the engine. If you really want to be CRAZY, you can always have your oil sent off at every oil change and have it analized.

These engines are built for punishment. They will take whatever you give it, so long as you stay on the maitnece schedual.

my buddy crosses rivers with his tracks on , and no outboard , just puts her in high gear floors it ,, so much water shoots forward he goes backwards at 3 mph on gps, hes held it like that across a lake for hours , personnally i think that to much for the chains and sprockets all that hi speed ,, btw his entire muffler is red after this ,
    ive drivin my argo many times for 10 plus hours, i go 4-8 mph , and tie a rope round the throttle to hold it there, constant steady power, i feel the argo can go like this forever,

4 hours crusin on a montana ranch in the summer is a walk in the park. all stop and go in low range. with alot of Idleing during shots.

+ Reply to Thread