bearing

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: bearing

bearing

Hi, I have to change a middle bearings on an avenger 2005 and maybe one back corner. Do I have to change both the inner and outer if one seems ok. Is it really worth the money to upgrade to hdi. If I do can I just change the damage one to hdi and later on change the others to hdi upgrade kit.
    Thank you
    Jack

You only need to replace the broken parts so I wouldn't replace a bearing that is fine. Upgrading is your choice; I haven't done it yet but I will when the time comes. My plan is to replace them as they wear - just as you've outlined.

Quote Originally Posted by brebett View Post
    Hi, I have to change a middle bearings on an avenger 2005 and maybe one back corner. Do I have to change both the inner and outer if one seems ok. Is it really worth the money to upgrade to hdi. If I do can I just change the damage one to hdi and later on change the others to hdi upgrade kit.
    Thank you
    Hi Jack, that's a pretty good question.

The inner bearings will usually outlast the outer ones by 2-3 times so you probably don't need to replace them.

The new style bearings are much easier to install and are well worth the extra few dollars (approx $30 total)...in addition, if the old bearing was very bad, then the axle will have grooves ground into it and the new replacement OLD STYLE bearing won't have the same life span as the original one did...the NEW STYLE HD bearing does not use the same type of seal and will not make much difference what condition the axle is in

The new style inner bearing assembly is the same bearing 101-41 but heavier gauge flanges...if they are good they are good..if they are bad the bearing will "flop" inside the two flanges...grab the axle (with the machine turned off and not moving...just had to mention that) and see if you get any up-down movement next to the inner bearing...its probably fine and can be pretty easily changed later if necessary

Best of luck

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Obsessed View Post
    Hi Jack, that's a pretty good question.

The inner bearings will usually outlast the outer ones by 2-3 times so you probably don't need to replace them...

...the NEW STYLE HD bearing does not use the same type of seal and will not make much difference what condition the axle is in

The new style inner bearing assembly is the same bearing 101-41 but heavier gauge flanges...if they are good they are good..

Best of luck

Tim
    Thank you Tim, I was trying to research this upgrade myself and you answered a couple questions I had also.

Keith.

+ Reply to Thread