Argo Monopoly?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Argo Monopoly?

Argo Monopoly?

So I was by the dealership to get some typical parts as usual.
    I inquired about setting up my 2013 700HD with a front rack, they quickly told me it would cost $1,000! That's ridiculous, then I get a price for the windshield post supports in the fold down support and the base alone without the tube was $50 and they don't carry them because they believe that was over priced. They said couldn't sell them at that price and were looking to outsource that item.
    This is getting ridiculous with the beadlocks and all.
    So much for Argo supporting their loyal customers with prices like these on the accessories and parts. They appear to want you to sell your machine and buy new since it wouldn't be feasible to upgrade.
    Guess you just gotta play the game and wait for a slightly used unit to come available and scoop it up instead, swap parts and sell it again. Or wait for the Argo aftermarket to catch up. Horrible waiting game, but I want a front rack ASAP!
    On a side note, for easily less then $500 I can easily put a front rack on my SXS and could get Carbon Fiber Hiper beadlocks for less then $500 a rim. What are these guys smoking? Share if it's that good!

Simple case of supply and demand, unfortunately I doubt the Argo aftermarket will ever catch up as the demand just isn't there. Look at how many SXSs have been produced in the last decade compared to Argos that have now been in production for 5 and half decades. I'm in the middle of building bearing cages for my Max IV, when I'm done I will have about $250 (Canadain so like $19.99 USD) invested while the dealer wants $845 USD for a cheaply made inferior design that would actually cost me close to $1500 Canadian by the time it was at my door....insane.

Buy a welder, learn to fabricate, then you can make whatever you want and set your own quality standards.

Funny, but that's where my nickname comes from. I fabricate but can't keep up enough with my own demand, especially with family for the time part! I already thought about the rack, and will likely incorporate one when we build our aluminum cab cage and roof rack. I already found a few avenues to get some beadlock rings sourced out for us to weld on our steel rims as well, I don't like the idea of small aluminum rims anyways since I've had and seen many crack or explode when rocks get stuck inside the rims.
    Just to me it would make more sense to have a sensible price and sell more and keep your customers happy then rip a few who can afford it off and really both unhappy in the end. Who's ever happy for paying a lot for something anyways? Argo's are already over priced as is....

I racks here at my shop for guys before BUT found if you go to a Tractor supply store (if in your area ) Or on line look at ATV front or rear racks.
    Thy will fit up with very little work and are CHEAP in the long run.
    The funny thing I got from your post was Argo is made in Canada. I would have thought it and parts would be Cheaper for you than here in the States ??

Haha, funny thing is we don't get any special treatment keeping things this side of the border. Any of the products we seem to make we don't get a break on. Must be a numbers, currency related thing? When the dollar is good it's much better for us to take our business states side. I normally buy all my accessories and machine parts off Ebay. Most of my Argo stuff comes from ArgoAdventure.

Go Figure

+ Reply to Thread