Safety concern

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Safety concern

Safety concern

I am a new owner of an Argo 6x6 . Wanting to navigate a creek which is mostly frozen. What should my concerns be about entering the water areas from the icy edges of the creek. And a bigger concern is what can I expect when trying to exit from moving water to ice. Just like some comments from you experienced riders.
    Thanks

1st thing is make sure your plugs are in.....

2nd - make sure you are capable of exiting the ice either by self power from the machine or are in a place with help so you can winch out if needed.

3rd - first time going in make sure you have someone else with you that is not in the machine and standing in a safe location just in case something bad happens so they can help....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

If you are unsure if ANYTHING is safe or not.....don't do it!
    With 2 of our machines, you can pretty much go anywhere. With only one machine, it is possible to get stuck somewhere that takes a long time to get out.....add in freezing temps and it's not a good situation.
    Experience also means a lot, and someone with a good amount of skill will make a tough spot look easy. I'd say stick to the easy (and safe) areas when alone....at least until you gain the skills.

what the buggyman said rains so true i took my max out for the first time by myself and thought its a 6x6 i can drive it anywhere and not get stuck well i learned the hard way took it into a swamp and got stuck in no time thank god for the winch but that almost didnt save me i learned very quickly that driving a 6x6 requires a keen eye alot of practice and some good stick work before you can tackle the tough places i suggest much practice before you try anything that can end badly especially alone
    1996 MAX IV ,KUBOTA DIESEL
    MAX II 30HP Bandolero

Even with 2 machines you may not be safe. I believe that 3 is the magic number. jpswift and I were on a 2 machine run at busco a while back and he got stuck pretty good. I then got stuck trying to get him out. I spent several hours on my phone reading while he got a group back to us. I still don't know how we got there and no one else could figure it out either.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

+ Reply to Thread