And another question, winch mounts this time

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: And another question, winch mounts this time

And another question, winch mounts this time

While the top's off the Argo to check it all out and remove the paint I shall fab up winch mounts front and rear. I've tried a search on here for pics / threads for some ideas but came up with nothing. Can anyone point me in the right direction for some ideas.

What Argo do you have? I just did a search for Argo winch mounts and found a handful of threads that may help depending on the year/model:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...nch-mount.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...nt-photos.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/argo-...es-please.html

Search ebay for argo,and you'll see a couple of the factory winch mount kits for sale that'll give you an idea what it looks like.

Cheers Guys, been through the links you gave (I had spotted a couple) and got some ideas now. On the front I'm thinking fit an internal brace as factory, then drop the internal plate down past the join in the tubs to form a backing plate for tow eye, perhaps bring another plate off that one through the join in the tubs and bolt it to a body band with through bolts. An outer bracket can then be formed to through bolt to the inner plate. 6mm (1/4") plate should be plenty for this I would think.
    Any ideas now on a rear mount ?

This is a rear winch mount I made for a 2003 Conquest

Cheers buddy, I've just gone through your pics regarding that mount. It looks like you braced off the frame up to a mounting plate that runs through the split, then ran a compression strut internally down to the tow hitch ? I take it the winch then bolts with another plate externally to the plate in the body joint, straight through the seam?
    This doesn't flex? What gauge steel is the plate through the joint? Is there no external brace down to the tow hitch ?
    Off to take another look at the pics to see if I missed anything.

Cheers

My mistake buddy, just ran a couple of your pics through PS to get rid of shadows and I can now see where the compression strut runs externally.

Cheers mate

Quote Originally Posted by XVR View Post
    This is a rear winch mount I made for a 2003 Conquest

WOW- your conquest looks like a brand new machine --except it looks like it's going both ways at once!Have you used the RS Bolduc tracks in deep snow? If so how do you like them? Again ,beautiful machine.

Hi Phil. Could you share the photos of your rear mounted winch set up? I really like the looks of it and may try to do the same thing on my unit. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread