ARGO 24" Tires on Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ARGO 24" Tires on Conquest

ARGO 24" Tires on Conquest

Getting ready (finally) to purchase tires for my 1996 ARGO Conquest. Some Conquest owners have gone from the 22x10-8 Runamucks to the new ARGO branded 24x10-8. I know it will increase the effective gear ratio, but in general how did you like the machine after the swap? Probably couldn't run tracks without spacers like on the 22" tires, but the extra ground clearance has got to be much better. Just wondering about pros and cons that I might not have thought about.

When I had my Conquest I put a set of 24 on and I loved it. It was like I had a new Conquest. It would go places I would never go before and the water speed is great.

Cougar
    2011 MUDD OX KUBOTA TURBO DIESEL

There will not be enough clearance for tracks with the 24's on.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMerv View Post
    Getting ready (finally) to purchase tires for my 1996 ARGO Conquest. Some Conquest owners have gone from the 22x10-8 Runamucks to the new ARGO branded 24x10-8. I know it will increase the effective gear ratio, but in general how did you like the machine after the swap? Probably couldn't run tracks without spacers like on the 22" tires, but the extra ground clearance has got to be much better. Just wondering about pros and cons that I might not have thought about.
    Need to carefully measure the outer circumference of the tires you are ordering. 74-1/2" inflated is the largest that will fit. Best way to mount them in the smallest in front and going up in size as you mount them front to rear. The distance between the first and second axle is the shortest. I got my 24" tires from Adair mounted and measured. They are a tight fit but boy does it make a conquest a different machine.

The 24" tires sometimes run large and won't fit. You have to get the smaller ones to even use them at all and there is no way to run tracks. The 22" tire is the best in my opinion, you are always able to run tracks in the future and the ground clearance difference is so minimal I don't think it would ever matter out on the trail.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread