Mikuni Carb Help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mikuni Carb Help

Mikuni Carb Help

Morning,

I have a Attex crazy colt. JLO Rockwell L252 engine. Everything is OEM, The manual says the carb is a mikui VM26-x185. For the life of me I can not find any info on the carb. For other Mikuni VM26 yes, but not including the x185. Looking for rebuild, oem replacement, upgraded replacement, or swap the carb for another brand.

Looking for some leway,
    Thank you,
    Kyle

I may very well be wrong but is the "185" the main jet?

I'm not sure what the x185 means, but if I remember rightly (this is stretching the memory lots of years) the VM came with a tiny main jet: like 90 or 100. You will probably be able to get what you need by using the VM26 model number and ordering what you need. There isn't a whole lot to a "rebuild" on them for that matter: needle & seat, good cleaning, set the floats and tweak the jets up and down. You can move the jet needle up or down, but that's after you're in the ballpark with the main.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

would x185 have anything to do with mounting? cast flange vs/ rubber boot???
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread