Attex Questions

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Attex Questions

Attex Questions

Hello All, well i have found a 6 wheeler for sale pretty close to me. Its an Attex and I just got off the phone with the guy. He said its in the 70s but he doesnt know what year exactly. And the stock jlo motor is gone and replaced with a 2 cyl snowmobile engine. And he said there are some bad bearings but the chains are good. And there are a couple of cracks in the body. But he didnt set a price, actually he wanted me to give him an offer over the phone without even seeing it lol. Oh and it does need some carb work, he said it would start up and run, but not too well.

Anyway, you guys know what I know about it now. How much do you think it would be worth (i know pictures are worth a thousand words). And how would I tell the difference between a T-20 and a baker-hill? (I think they were offered in the Attex but idk) Also with the cracks in the body, is plastic welding the only way to fix it? Or are the tubs on these things fibreglass? I wont be able to get to look at it until next thursday tho..thats the bad thing lol. Attexs are more of a sportier machine arent they?

Thanks,
    Chris

Most Attexes are sportier, faster machines, although they did make some trail machines as well. They are made of ABS plastic, but the later model ones were HDPE plastic. The Baker Hill will have a label on it that says "Power Transmission" either 5000, 6000, or 7000 on it. Also, all Baker Hill models had the exhaust come out on the very back left side of the machine (except for the 208TT that had the exhaust come out the back). The T-20 models had the exhaust come out on the right side of the machine between the two rear most tires. Get some pics and post them up and we'll be able to help you out on making an offer.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks man i have gotten one pic of the machine from the ad lets see if I can post it lol.... ok maybe not lol...
    Last edited by Tamper; 06-03-2010 at 01:56 PM. Reason: I guess I cant post pics

Try this:

Login - Amphibious ATV Pictures

Or just go to the "gallery" tab up at the top of the site and click "upload photos" in the top right hand side.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

if you go to the gallery, then do a search for "T-20" then one for "baker hill" you will get tons of pics of each. look them over and you will be able to tell what it has when you go look at it. take some 220 grit sand paper with you when you go look at the machine. if it's a first gen the outer frame rails will be flat steel. a 2nd gen will have "C channel" outer rails and a cross section will look like this [ . if it is a 2nd (and the guy will let you) sand the top of the right rear frame rail above the axle. some numbers should appear (take a putty knife to scrape 30+ year of grease before you start sanding). of the numbers that you find, 2 will be larger than the rest. those are the year ie" 76 or 81. if it was made before 76 it is abs and cracks can be repaired with a goop made from abs scraps melted in acetone. 76 and later it's HDPE and can only be plastic welded.
    also if the guy will let, you sand the side of the upper body toward the front.( in the area where it has 295 wild wolf in this pic) if the model name stickers were there for any length of time, sun will have faded the plastic around them a little. after you've sanded the area to bare yellow plastic, pour a little water on the area and you should be able to see the model name/ number. report that back here and we can probably tell you a lot more about the machine.
    good luck
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Also if you know your chains, the #40 is baker hill and #50 is a 2nd+ gen machine.

I would print off the buyers guide and take it with you. Go down the list. You will probaly have a lot of bad stuff on a machine that has been sitting a while but that may help you as a buyer.

Here is a link for the Used aatv buyers guide which also has a link in it for the download.
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...r-s-guide.html

Thanks guys for the replies. I will defiently take that buyers list with me. I just hope its still there next thursday..my next day off lol. Any way I did upload the pic I have of the machine..and lets see if I can do this lol. [IMG][http://www.6x6world.com/gallery/atte...4-attex8.html][/url][/IMG]

Hey I got the pic up there lol. But I dont know how I did the extra www. oh well theres a pic of it . And I have been doing a lot of thinking, how do these 2 strokes do in the mud and such?
    Thanks,
    Chris

Try this:

Anyways, its a first generation machine, but I can't see the decal that tells you the model number on the side of it. I see a side muffler on it and a steel mesh engine cover, so there is a possibility that its a ST/340/R or ST/400/R. If this is the case, both of these models were the racing ones, thus the "R" at the end of the model number. Here's some info on a similar model, the ST/300/D with the JLO single cylinder 297cc engine.

http://www.6x6world.com/images/broch...00-d-specs.jpg

thanks jpswift1 ...what would be special about the racing models if it is one?

+ Reply to Thread