Breaking a wicked trail with my Conquest

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Breaking a wicked trail with my Conquest

Breaking a wicked trail with my Conquest

Decided to open this trail, it's a bit of a shortcut that had no machines down it yet this winter. Deep snow with a hard crust on top. Not hard enough to hold the machine up though. Got stuck a couple times and had to make several runs at other spots.
    This was really wierd driving. If you want to turn left, and pull the left latteral, that slows/stops the left track causing the right to spin a bit. This caused the right side to drop through the crust and made the machine turn right Very confusing, especially becouse it only did this sometimes (Depended on wheather I was in the sun or in the shade of the trail).

RD

R.D. That was awesome. That 27Hp sounds great. (Did you see any Bigfoot tracks?)

trailbreaking

like the vidieo,those trails you were on look just like the paths up here in makinen mn. can't wait to get my 6x6 argo up and running again, ron

nice afternoon ride RD.you sure put that argo through its paces.i think my old 17 hp kohler would blow up in those conditions.

Wow, that was an impressive performance RD, deep, deep snow. I liked watching your dogs who seemed to be saying:
    "We already know what your going to do here Dad, so just make up your mind which way you want to go and let's do it"
    It's interesting to see how you machine handles the deep snow, I know it's no sweat for you, but it's a big deal for me, as always I enjoyed the video RD.

Quote Originally Posted by vader8x8 View Post
    R.D. That was awesome. That 27Hp sounds great. (Did you see any Bigfoot tracks?)
    I know, I love the sound of it. I ended up having to modify and use the muffler from the 20hp engine. Worked out fantastic
    No BF tracks, but I was armed and ready for him if he showed up...........

Quote Originally Posted by weber View Post
    like the vidieo,those trails you were on look just like the paths up here in makinen mn. can't wait to get my 6x6 argo up and running again, ron
    Anything major wrong with it? I would have liked to have had a second machine on this trip, and wonder how a 6x6 would have performed.

Quote Originally Posted by plott hound View Post
    nice afternoon ride RD.you sure put that argo through its paces.i think my old 17 hp kohler would blow up in those conditions.
    Sounds like a golden opertunity to upgrade that Kohler...................

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    Wow, that was an impressive performance RD, deep, deep snow. I liked watching your dogs who seemed to be saying:
    "We already know what your going to do here Dad, so just make up your mind which way you want to go and let's do it"
    It's interesting to see how you machine handles the deep snow, I know it's no sweat for you, but it's a big deal for me, as always I enjoyed the video RD.
    You wouldn't believe how much trouble it is to try to keep those pups in the Argo with me. Every time I slow down, they bail out and run with me. The white one (Trigger) is especially "High Energy"

I don't know about the "No Sweat" comment, I would have said I was "Sweating Bullets" there a few times. Did you notice a couple of those hills? If I had needed to turn back, I never would have gotten back up them. (At least not till the loose snow set up later in the evening). The only thing keeping me calm was that I had a backup plan coming to get me if I didn't turn up in a couple hours.

RD

Nice vid. That snow is deep.

I wondered if you had a backup plan. I've been in a situation where we had two argos stuck. We had to tie them togeter with the winches and winch till one came free. If I'd been by myself I'd have been walking out.

Slim
    Last edited by Slimpickin; 04-03-2011 at 01:37 PM.

Awsome Vid as usual, sounds like you were getting a good workout .
    Who needs a home gym Eh!

GREAT VIDEO Rock Doctor!

That was amazing, my machine would get stuck before it started.

+ Reply to Thread