Early 90's argo magnum 8x8?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Early 90's argo magnum 8x8?

Early 90's argo magnum 8x8?

Anybody have a early 90's Argo magnum 8x8? I am thinking about going to look at one and I was wondering if anybody had any pointers about problems with the machines. Any other helpful information would be great to.

Is a magnum the only 8x8 that Argo made in the early 90's also?

Hi marshgunner, I own a 1990 magnum. Its a good machine, I just wished i would have found this site before i bought. When you inpect it first take it for a test drive and don't baby it. Go hard in all three gears and try a couple of power turns This should test the tranny out. They tend to noisy, just make sure it doesn't pop out of gear or have any deep growels. A whiney noise is norm. Mine is out and could cost from 600 to 1200 for rebuild. Check the fluid levels in the tranny and the motor. Get the owner to help put it up on something so the wheels are off the ground, grab every wheel and see if you can wiggle side to side and up and down. If you can, you will need to change bearings and seals. Check out tires, at first glance you can't tell a deflated one from one with air in it. Ask the owner what it was used for and or what kind of maintanance he does to it and what he has done in the past.There is so many things that could be looked at but those are the obvious and most important. Oh ya, make sure the cooling fans for the brakes work, you will need those. I,m sure someone else will think of something as well. Good luck.
    Mike

Don't forget to check the wear on the chains and sprockets; they can be expensive to replace too.
    1983 Hustler 945-HK 627cc Vanguard
    1982 GMC K-10 Sierra Classic Suburban 6.2 Diesel
    2010 Chevy Silverado 1500
    1974 Honda ATC 70
    1986 Honda ATC 250ES Big Red

There is no Z in Diesel!!

just got my machine home...bought it in newfoundland....too dark to have a good look at it,but it is suppossed to be well maintained....new chains,bearings and tires...its a 93 kohler 18 hp...new winch and soft cab cover...hope to play with it in the morning.....going to buy a outboard motor for it,any suggestions would be appreciated...thanks....great site....

That is some good advice, thanks guys. Will 25" tires fit, also will a briggs v twin fit, like a 23 HP?

+ Reply to Thread