I'm buying a power trac 6000, need help

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I'm buying a power trac 6000, need help

I'm buying a power trac 6000, need help

Friday I'm going to buy an immaculate power trac 6000 with a 25 HP Koehler, this thing is completely hydraulic ( no chains or belts) but I have heard some bad things about them because they're do heavy. Is there a way to make that fat lady lose some weight? They are all metal, no fiberglass.

Quote Originally Posted by Campos2 View Post
    Friday I'm going to buy an immaculate power trac 6000 with a 25 HP Koehler, this thing is completely hydraulic ( no chains or belts) but I have heard some bad things about them because they're do heavy. Is there a way to make that fat lady lose some weight? They are all metal, no fiberglass.
    I really don't think there's much you can do to drop the weight since the body and all the major necessary components are steel as you mentioned. I've heard bad things about them as well, so you might want to see what other (better) machines are out there for a similar price. I think finding another machine will save you lots of headaches and downtime in the future.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

you may have to join Jenny Craig

I like the hydraulic idea of it, that's why I want it. But there's nothing possible that I can do to improve it, does it acctually tow 1000 lb and does it float easily with 4 people .

Quote Originally Posted by Campos2 View Post
    I like the hydraulic idea of it, that's why I want it. But there's nothing possible that I can do to improve it, does it actually tow 1000 lb and does it float easily with 4 people .
    I can't say for sure if it'll tow that much or not. I know a Max, Attex, Hustler, or Argo will tow 1000 lbs too, I've seen it in person. I've heard horror stories about the Power Trac BARELY being able to float with just one person in it. One of the major problems that I don't think they every fixed was the buoyancy of the machine. I'm thinking 4 people would be the ticket for that thing to go right to the bottom of the pond.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Ilike I said I like the hydraulic part but if it doesn't float then I'm not sure about it, the guy has had it for 25 years since new and has managed to keep it running and in almost new condition.

The Power Trac ATV-6000 has the engine mounted in the back. It was replaced by the Power Trac Hunt-Vee which had a mid engine placement. They are two different machines. Not a lot found on the Web about these machines. The bad stuff that people hear about seems to involve one particular ATV-6000. Keep in mind that it was one unhappy owner who complained about it on another forum. If I remember correctly, the complaint was that it was too underpowered for it's weight, did not float well, could not pull itself up hill or out of the water, too noisy, hydraulic leaks etc. The story is that the owner had difficulty with getting the manufacturer to correct problems. Keep in mind that this is hearsay information. People keep passing along the hearsay until it eventually becomes pseudo fact that the machines are no good. I would ask the owner what he knows about any shortcomings there are and ask him to test drive it. If he has owned it for 25 years, I would think there must be a good reason(s) why he has kept it so long!

Max 6 Wheel Drive

Judging by all the other machines that this company makes, there's no way I'd ever buy an AATV or any piece of machinery from them. I heard quite a few bad things about these machines being underpowered, noisy, having leaking hydrostatic drive systems, and a complete lack of support from the company.

But is there anything at all that can be done to improve it?

I haven't ever heard of anyone upgrading these machines and I really don't know if you'd get much help or suggestions from people that have done it because there are so very few out there. If you were to get a make or model such as a Hustler, Attex, Max, or Argo, you'd have A TON more help, support, suggestions, and ideas on how to upgrade the machine.

+ Reply to Thread