Max IV LEAK

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Max IV LEAK

Max IV LEAK

Went fishing the other day in a shallow creek leading to a deep pond. My axles only leak a few drops here and there but if I use the tires to propel myself I get a TON of water coming in from what looks to be between the tub halves. What is required to split the halves and seal this thing? It looks to be riveted together. Any other options?

Thanks,
    Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

Is it all around the tub or a couple spots? Does your IV have the holes in the bottom tub that went into the underside of the back seat for preventing plastic sag? Mine has these holes and I'm assuming if yours does you plugged them when you moved the seat.

If you don't want to drill rivets I'm guessing some clear caulk could help? I'm sure some of the "pros" on here will chime in soon enough as I'm a novice.

PS. I'm still working on upgrading axles and bearing cages to run the tracks. Snow is within the next month up here and I'll let you know how they do.
    1995 Max IV , (#11582), 23 HP Vanguard, Custom aluminum bellyband/roll-bars with direct winch attachment. Recreatives track kit.
    Work in progress. Front windshield and canvas enclosure for winter use.

Alaska AATV Owners Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/alaska.AATVs/

Its all down the left side. I had what seemed like a small leak there before and used silicone on the outside lip of the tub to seal it but apparently it did not help. I did not have any anti sag bolts in mine when I moved the seat, I will double check but I dont think so. I am not sure how much more than drilling the rivets there would be. It looks like it could get very involved very quickly. I guess I will unbolt my body band/winch mount and take a closer look at the underside. Good luck with the tracks, I hope you can get them set up before winter hits up there.. I bet they will really do well in the snow..

Jason
    2015 Argo frontier EFI Camo. 4000lb vortex winch with synthetic rope. 3.3 trans.

~1998 Max IV (SN 14428) on 26" TRU Power tires, winch with synthetic rope, rear seat moved back 5 inches, flip top rear seat with storage underneath, 55 lb thrust trolling motor, #24 marine Battery and a bilge pump just in case.-sold

+ Reply to Thread