my mower

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: my mower

my mower

i have a 17 horsepower kawsaki 52" hydro walk behind after running more than a 1 1/2 hours it seems to shut off. It sucks the fuel filter dry when it does it. To get it running i have to take of gas cap a blow into gas tank and force the fuel into the filter. usually you can see the fuel going in i let the filter and carb bowl refill and restart the mower. after it restarts it will usually shoot gas up threw the gas cap breather hole. put new cap ,filter and drained the bowl several times. my opinion is vaporlock. the only other thing i can think of is the top screen is missing on the mower where pull start usually goes no pull start on this. i blow it out and with a stihl br600 blower. any ideas apreciated

try replacing the fuel line. if it's more than a few years old, it may be starting to break down from all the ethanol in todays fuel. i've seen a lot of issues this year with fuel lines sucking shut (not always visible because the core of the line breaks loose from the outer layer).

also, what type of fuel pump does it have? where is the pump located? between the tank and filter or between the filter and carb?
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

thanks for the quick reply racerone3 i have already replaced the fuel line but when i purchased the mower it did not have a fuel pump. the seller said shroud was from different mower. Well i purchased one and put it on although the mower dealer said alot were gravity feed. Its running fine and finally filled the new fuel filter. Tommorrow i will give it the real test big job. the mower shop also said possibility of ethanol boiling on the hot days because ethanol boils at a lower temp. the mower has only 850 hours so will test tommorrow. thanks $38 dollars for pump and fuel filter i will let you know how it goes

running like a champ

racerone3 thanks the mower ran flawlessly for 7 hours straight with the low grass a little over knee high. I never even shut it off to gas it up. I have picked up a few big lawns this fall wich was causing my mower problems. My mower usually does not take very long to mow a acre being 52" wide and turning on a dime and had time to cool down with a little ride between jobs. NOW I HAVE A PIECE OF MIND IT WILL NOT HAVE ME WAITING TO COOL THANKS AGAIN RACERONE3

+ Reply to Thread