scrabmler 1000 rebuild maybe parted out

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: scrabmler 1000 rebuild maybe parted out

scrabmler 1000 rebuild maybe parted out

my scrambler seems to be getting to the point where I may just part it out I noticed a couple axles bent and drive sprockets on each are shot tried replacing bearings and shafts are either 30mm or 1 3/16 hard to tell rust pitted ..would like to know if anyone knew of axles or newer sprockets...kinda sux I hate to part it but seems better off and wont waste money

Axles are 1 3/16, which axles are you looking for? I found some farm bearings that fit . The original bearing numbers for the axles don't work (30mm).
    Acta non verba

yes they mic up 1.182 which is 30mm but 1.1875 3/16 will work too all 6 drive wheel axles

if I change the wheel sprockets should I go smaller to get top end?

Don't change axle-axle sprockets. Keep them the same # of teeth, as this usually was calculated w/ the axle-axle center distance for proper chain length. Changing sprockets may cause excess chain slack or force the need for half links. If you want to change your final drive ratio, try changing the trans-drive axle sprocket(s).
    Also, most people don't complain about their machines being too slow, if anything they want more low end grunt, so you may want to go the other way with it.

Yes going smaller will gain you top speed. Larger diameter tires will also increase your speed. I would keep it stock if the HP is about the same. Changing the gear ratio also has an effect on chain length and tensioner position. It's easy to make a gear ratio change by converting the large sprockets on the jack shaft to quick change split sprockets similar to a go kart. I can post some photos if you are interested.
    Acta non verba

you can email them and also the bearing info to please was gonna change them cause they are pretty shot thanx for the input I appreciate it peterjr69@yahoo.comPLUS I don't have a tensioner I have to make one once the drive is allset
    Last edited by peterjr69; 12-08-2013 at 11:25 AM.

ok parts are in bearing etc ready to see if work

I found all the special rubber mounted bearings and axle bearings so we will see if they work ...I let you know where to get them if needed
    Last edited by Mike; 12-13-2013 at 09:36 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic

ok seems all axles bent bearing at the body I cant find one to work I think I part out and call it done.to hard to find axles and sprockets...

got one last hope find out at end of jan what I gonna go

+ Reply to Thread