Hatfields & Mccoys Trails July 4 to July 7 2013

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hatfields & Mccoys Trails July 4 to July 7 2013

Hybrid View

Hatfields & Mccoys Trails July 4 to July 7 2013

So has anyone been to Hatfields & Mccoys Trails? It looks like it would be a great ride!
    If this has been cover then I must have miss it.
    Last edited by Mike; 01-28-2013 at 06:32 PM. Reason: edited thread title to include the dates now that it has been decided

Yup its been covered. No skid steer allowed.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I'm working on this and will be posting ASAP.

The only thing he put in email was, everyone who comes will be required to wear a helmet eye protection and over the ankle boots. The permits must be purchased by every driver and passenger. Keep in mind we are getting a special permit for our event. And he knows about and what are units are.

In saying this here is,
    Hatfield-McCoy Trail Rules and Regulations, on there web page for utv and atv

Obey all user rules

All trail users must have a valid Hatfield-McCoy Trail Permit. The user permit is to be affixed to the left side of user's helmet below the goggle line at all times. Users who wish to transfer permit to another helmet may do so in person at our administrative office Rt. 10 South, Rich Creek Road, Lyburn WV, 25632.
    Everyone must wear a DOT, SNELL or other approved helmet and protective eyegear.
    No passengers on any ATV unless the ATV is manufactured for the driver and a passenger.
    No alcoholic beverages may be consumed or carried.
    No firearms.
    Obey all signs, gates, and barriers.
    Stay on marked trails.
    Only enter and exit the trail systems at a trailhead, community or other approved connectors.
    Do not enter a "no trail," "no entry" or gated area.
    Drive or ride at a speed reasonable for conditions.
    No person shall drive an ATV/UTV unless that person meets the minimum age recommendation specified by the ATV/UTV manufacturer for the ATV/UTV that is being driven.
    Stop when signaled by a ranger.
    Carry photo identification at all times.
    Adult supervision is required for those under age 18.
    Do not litter.
    No fires.
    No camping on the trails.
    Trail system is open from sunrise to sunset.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    SPECIAL SAFETY REQUIREMENTS FOR
    SIDE-BY-SIDE UTILITY TYPE VEHICLE (UTV)

Side-by-side utility type vehicles operated upon the Hatfield-McCoy Trail System shall be subject to all of the safety rules and regulations of the Hatfield-McCoy Regional Recreation Authority and shall also be subject to the following safety rules specifically applying to side-by-side utility vehicles:
    Follow all rules and regulations identified in UTV owner’s manual and rules and regulations listed below.
    Utility Type Vehicles can only be operated on designated trails.
    Easiest Trails (Green) - Approved
    More Difficult Trails (Blue) - Approved
    Most Difficult Trails (Black) - Designated trails only (See Trail Map)
    Extreme Difficult Trails (Red Black) - Not approved
    Signage and Maps- Every intersection will be labeled with a sticker approving or disapproving each trail. This sign will have a UTV with a line through it and state NO SIDE-BY-SIDE/UTVs ALLOWED. Violators subject to $100.00 fine and impoundment of machine.
    Machine Requirements

1. Machines may not be self-constructed or substantially modified from manufacturer’s specifications in the sole opinion of the executive director or designee.

2. Units must be equipped with a steering wheel from the manufacturer.

3. Units must be equipped with ROPS (Roll-Over Protection System) from the manufacturer.

4. Machines must be equipped with manufacturer seat belts and must be in good working order.

5. Low pressure tires required – Max 20PSI at manufacturer’s recommended inflation.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side by Side (UTV) Specific Rules
    1. The number of passengers carried on a side-by-side - utility type vehicle shall be limited by the number of manufacturer installed seat belts.

2. All participants must abide by all of the manufacturer’s requirements regarding the age and size of operators and passengers.

3. The driver and passengers of a side by side - utility type vehicle must:
    · Wear seat belts at all times;
    · Keep their hands, arms, feet, head and legs inside the vehicle at all times during operation;
    · Wear a DOT or Snell approved helmet;
    · Wear eye protection at all times; and
    · Obey all rules and regulations.

4. Any operator of a side by side – utility type vehicle must possess a valid owner’s manual for the machine being operated and must be produced upon the request of any Hatfield-McCoy Law Enforcement Officer or any other Law Enforcement Agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn H View Post
    So has anyone been to Hatfields & Mccoys Trails? It looks like it would be a great ride!
    If this has been cover then I must have miss it.
    They don't allow our type of AATV. Tried talking to them and they won't even bother to listen. Their loss not ours..

Well just got off the phone with Jeffery T. Lusk, Executive Director today, he is the Top Dog for Hatfields & Mc Coys Trails, he has held this job for the last 7yrs. And let me tell you that thers light at the end here. WV has no law on the book for our units yet and is not set by him or the HMcCTS. But what he can will do for us and would love to do for us is to give us a Special Event Permit for us to hold a ride with in a set date and trails. The date would be set by us and the trails set by them. This Special Permit would be $15. So he said this is how we can get around the system. For a law to be up dated he suggest that our WV members be the ones to contact there member of Congress to start the up date in there ATV and UTV law.
    He also add the would love to see soon.
    So the ? now is who would like to go?
    What date would work?

Id like to go.Anytime.

Thank you Shawn. I'm down like Charlie Brown! Not the week of ash or around busco, but I will make whenever else work. Are we talking trail camping or calling in a set location and just riding around?
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn H View Post
    Well just got off the phone with Jeffery T. Lusk, Executive Director today, he is the Top Dog for Hatfields & Mc Coys Trails, he has held this job for the last 7yrs. And let me tell you that thers light at the end here. WV has no law on the book for our units yet and is not set by him or the HMcCTS. But what he can will do for us and would love to do for us is to give us a Special Event Permit for us to hold a ride with in a set date and trails. The date would be set by us and the trails set by them. This Special Permit would be $15. So he said this is how we can get around the system. For a law to be up dated he suggest that our WV members be the ones to contact there member of Congress to start the up date in there ATV and UTV law.
    He also add the would love to see soon.
    So the ? now is who would like to go?
    What date would work?
    I know jeff personaly and will be hounding him for the next two days. I think if we could organize during the festival thats held every fall in the town of gilbert WV we could get that changed. I will be working from the WV end to get this changed. I just got off the phone with them a minute ago and the sticking point is that utv's has to have a "steering wheel". I explained to the lady how a skid steer works but she couldnt make the call on it. I told her unless she wanted a bunch of argo centurians running over everyone in the mountains they need to get this changed. I will get the chain of command we need to get this changed but a show of force would be a good start. Anyone interested please leave me a message and I would be glad to coordinate the even here. The fall festival is huge down here and up to about 10k people show up for the whole weekend. Also too, make sure anyone who wants to do this has to have a roll over system, lights "that work", and seatbelts for each passenger installed. I think its a bit rediculous that this isnt in place already. It took them 3 years to get side by sides even on the trails. Also, if anyone knows any vendors that would want to show their wares during this festival would make a good impression. Tons of vehicles are sold and traded during this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by rjmorgan View Post
    I know jeff personaly and will be hounding him for the next two days. I think if we could organize during the festival thats held every fall in the town of gilbert WV we could get that changed. I will be working from the WV end to get this changed. I just got off the phone with them a minute ago and the sticking point is that utv's has to have a "steering wheel". I explained to the lady how a skid steer works but she couldnt make the call on it. I told her unless she wanted a bunch of argo centurians running over everyone in the mountains they need to get this changed. I will get the chain of command we need to get this changed but a show of force would be a good start. Anyone interested please leave me a message and I would be glad to coordinate the even here. The fall festival is huge down here and up to about 10k people show up for the whole weekend. Also too, make sure anyone who wants to do this has to have a roll over system, lights "that work", and seatbelts for each passenger installed. I think its a bit rediculous that this isnt in place already. It took them 3 years to get side by sides even on the trails. Also, if anyone knows any vendors that would want to show their wares during this festival would make a good impression. Tons of vehicles are sold and traded during this weekend.
    Do any of those bureaucrats really know how our AATVs operate? That is the problem.. We are not UTV, Side by side, or even ATV. They have no concept of what 6x6 and 8x8 are. I bet they think we are driving some huge military truck.. SO like I have said before.. if they don't want our money.. lets take it else where.

+ Reply to Thread