Gas leakage anyone ?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas leakage anyone ?

Hybrid View

Gas leakage anyone ?

We had a snowstorm here the last 24 hours so I of course took the opportunity to play in the snow, i've got three quarters of a full tank of gas ... whipped it up and down the road a few times (maybe more than a few) Did some donuts ... got back in the driveway noticed a strong smell of gas, lifted up the floor and found a puddle of gas in the bottom of my Argo. I can't find the spot it came out of, the tank is soaked in gas & the floor is soaked in gas but I can't find any place of origin for the leaking. I was thinking maybe it's coming out of the top somewhere because the top of the tank also had gas all over it. It only happens when I turn hard left or right and the gas "sloshes". any ideas?
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

Wow good thing you smelled the fuel before it caught on fire.
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

check all the gas lines for cracks and the fittings to make sure they are tight.
    what year is your machine?

Quote Originally Posted by red-bird-dog View Post
    check all the gas lines for cracks and the fittings to make sure they are tight.
    what year is your machine?
    93 Magnum
    "I've yet to encounter a problem that cannot be solved with the right mixture of whiskey and weaponry"
    :ME....

" From my cold dead hands"
    :Charlton Heston...

Check the filler neck hose for cracks in the rubber part. They usually leak when filling with fuel but could also slosh out. If not pull seat and inspect the top of the tank for cracks.

I would check the gas cap first, though it usually runs down the side of the body I'd imagine if small enough it could run down the fill tube, also if your tank has a vent line out of the back of the machine it would be at the age of cracking, vent line hooks to filler neck if so equipped.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

+ Reply to Thread