can i replace my tubed tires with tubeless?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can i replace my tubed tires with tubeless?

Hybrid View

can i replace my tubed tires with tubeless?

my current tires used to be tubeless but they were tubed way before i got the machine. im getting new tubeless tires but how will the valve stem work? if its like a bicycle tire then the tube is attached to the stem! the new tires come on rims but its the wrong bolt pattern.

You will have a valve stem that attaches to the wheel instead of one built into the tube. They look like this:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	valve_stem.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	4.1 KB
ID:	5534

You can but you will need to get a tire valve stem that fits in the hole the tubed valve stem fits in. I know there are different sized valve stems for different sized holes so you might want to measure yours and before you get bunch of them. Here is a link to what I am talking about for valve stems.

valve stems styles

Crap, Mike beat me, lol.
    Last edited by LarryW; 09-08-2010 at 09:32 PM. Reason: took to long to post I guess, lol

hahahah thanks guys! the tires im getting have those in them so if im lucky they will fit

these are what im getting, do you think they will be ok? my current tires are 22x10x8 but if you look at the pic there should be room. there all the same size and im aware my swimming will no longer work but i am getting a trolling motor anyways. my current 6 tires are so dry rotten that 2 of them dont even hold air and a third has the tube popping out!

P1050299.jpgP1050300.jpgDSCN2607.jpg

Tires like that make it harder to turn. You will have to use more braking effort to turn which in turn will wear things a bit faster. If there are dirt cheap they would work for a while but I wouldn't recommend them as a permanent replacement.

really? how come turning will be hard?
    i dont want to screw my aatv up but i am very poor and am trading a scooter for them. i just want to roll again! the breaks are easy to get at on this one anyways is that all it will wear or is there a danger to the bearings and axles/chain?

+ Reply to Thread