How is all of the Terra Tiger projects going?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How is all of the Terra Tiger projects going?

Hybrid View

How is all of the Terra Tiger projects going?

Havent seen any updates,tells me that putting money and effort into a sub par machine just didnt work out somehow.I still have my Argo and it is a very capable machine,cannot say the same about the 2 TT's I have owned.I can say that my Sierra had a ground clearance issue,Sidewinder had a body flex and chain alignment issue,my Wedge had a weight and funky chain adjustment procedure and a weak 90 degree gearbox,Swamp Fox was to wide,2 Chapparrals had weak ABS bodys,Amphi-Cat I had was also a very weak ABS body,1 Scrambler had dry clutches that came apart and had no reverse. Just a few I remember and the weaknesses they had,this is just for reference and if someone actually loves any of these machines that is their perogative,but I wouldnt waste the time on any of them.....

Well Eddie if I was to guess why there’s no updates on these terra tiger projects is because when they do post something about their progress they get negative feedback.If I’m rebuilding a machine and someone does that to me why would I post anything about it!
    Not good for a forum we use to help fellow 6x6ers in my opinion.
    Not trying to be mean here but just sayin
    Thanks
    Last edited by Moderator Bob; 08-22-2018 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Language

Cant beat modern day technology,How many people have told you I had one of those way back when,it was broke down all the time.Fact is the newer machines have better materials,function better and are better designed than any of the old time stuff... But hey to each his own...

The old machines did exactly what they were meant to do: they were fun. They may have been primative, loud, and unreliable, but they were a blast to drive. When I'm in some of the more "modern" design machines, I feel like I'm cutting the grass. Perhaps some of us have lost track of what the original purpose of the hobby was, along with original purpose (to help out other hobbyists) of this site.
    Last edited by Don; 08-22-2018 at 08:14 AM.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The old machines did exactly what they were meant to do: they were fun. They may have been primative, loud, and unreliable, but they were a blast to drive. When I'm in some of the more "modern" design machines, I feel like I'm cutting the grass. Perhaps some of us have lost track of what the original purpose of the hobby was, along with original purpose (to help out other hobbyists) of this site.
    I'm with you Don, I buy what I think is cool and if possible I try to put them back to what they were originally. Problems and all. That is what makes it fun for me.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

We all need a starting point, some quickly fade away while others learn from each machine as they venture to a better machine. It is great for someone to learn on a less capable machine.

My new beer holder spilled some on the trails - in it's hair and down it's throat.
    Joe Camel never does that.

Advice is free, it's the application that costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    I guess they need to find out for themselves then,I give practical 1st hand advice.If someone wants to try the old learning curve again,More power and speed to them,hope they make the curve...

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Cant beat modern day technology,How many people have told you I had one of those way back when,it was broke down all the time.Fact is the newer machines have better materials,function better and are better designed than any of the old time stuff... But hey to each his own...

"But hey to each his own..." BINGO!!!!
    ST400R ATTEX(Smiley)
    500 Super Chief

I love the smell of Blendzall in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by dave phelps View Post
    Well Eddie if I was to guess why there’s no updates on these terra tiger projects is because when they do post something about their progress they get negative feedback.If I’m rebuilding a machine and someone does that to me why would I post anything about it!
    Not good for a forum we use to help fellow 6x6ers in my opinion.
    Not trying to be mean here but just sayin
    Thanks
    I understand what you mean. I have learned not to ask questions about certain machines. Instead of getting help I would get responses like "sell it" or "junk it". It can be frustrating sometimes.
    "Racing is life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."

Quote Originally Posted by eddieb1965 View Post
    Havent seen any updates,tells me that putting money and effort into a sub par machine just didnt work out somehow.I still have my Argo and it is a very capable machine,cannot say the same about the 2 TT's I have owned.I can say that my Sierra had a ground clearance issue,Sidewinder had a body flex and chain alignment issue,my Wedge had a weight and funky chain adjustment procedure and a weak 90 degree gearbox,Swamp Fox was to wide,2 Chapparrals had weak ABS bodys,Amphi-Cat I had was also a very weak ABS body,1 Scrambler had dry clutches that came apart and had no reverse. Just a few I remember and the weaknesses they had,this is just for reference and if someone actually loves any of these machines that is their perogative,but I wouldnt waste the time on any of them.....
    Threads like this are a big part of why this site is in decline. There is enough negativity in the world. this site is meant to help people, not to bash them.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

+ Reply to Thread