What Model Vanguard do I need to replace

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What Model Vanguard do I need to replace

Hybrid View

What Model Vanguard do I need to replace

Hey Guys I have a Maxx II and it has an 18 hp Vanguard and is running weird! one day it runs fine the next time it starts up perfect and will idle but when i take of it starts sputtering and then only runs with the choke on. i have replaced the fuel pump, sparkplugs, fuel filter, fuel line, cleanded tank, air filter, cleaned the carb-total brake down and rebuild. i did notice when it does start up and run good and i 360 spin it boggs down usually only one way though. So i am at my wits end and i want to get a new motor for it but i do not know wich motor ? can i go up in HP there are so many vanguards do i want the oil cooler model. any help would be great.

possibly 2 issues

If it runs with choke it sounds like a fuel issue. Did you check the float for cracks it may become saturated and not rise properly in the bowl. or the float is set too low. If it boggs in one direction only it might be a braking issue and not related to the engine.

You could find the serial# on your old motor and match it up.You could try a new carb off ebay,If your old motor is not smoking or using oil it would be a lot cheaper to repair it,my guess on your motor would be carb or govenor problems.These vangaurds are very tough motors and can take alot of abuse.Did you check to see if your adapter coming out of your gas tank is clean.Just some suggestion hope it helps.

Still runs like crap

Hey guys not smoking but still won't run without the choke out. took appart the carb again will try it this time

Two things. One, look for an air leak in and around the carb and manifold. That is another symptom of having to run with the choke on.

Two, If your going to clean the carb find someone that has an ultrasonic cleaning tank. They have never failed me yet. It cleans the places you can never reach.

air leak

Is there a process to discover an air leak?

Briggs 809019 Carb port ?

I have a vanguard 350447-1026-E1-00060711 it has a 809019 Carb on it. My question is that it has a port for a hose on th top of the carb and i need to know what hose attaches to it or what this port is for? i have been having to run the motor with the choke out or it wont run. and i noticed when i take the airfilter assembly off this port has no hose attached to it. looking in the documentation it says nothing about it. any help would be great

thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 10-08-2009 at 12:05 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic

Quote Originally Posted by VikingFury View Post
    I have a vanguard 350447-1026-E1-00060711 it has a 809019 Carb on it. My question is that it has a port for a hose on th top of the carb and i need to know what hose attaches to it or what this port is for? i have been having to run the motor with the choke out or it wont run. and i noticed when i take the airfilter assembly off this port has no hose attached to it. looking in the documentation it says nothing about it. any help would be great

thanks
    That needs to remain open with nothing attached.

Have you cleaned all of the ports/jets in the carb yet? Try that with a bristle from a wire brush and then use carb cleaner for a final cleaning. Use the straw and spray directly in each port. Pay special attention to the bottom of the bowl and don't miss the one located there. It's hard to reach and is probably the most suceptable to setiment.
    Last edited by Mike; 10-08-2009 at 12:33 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic

fuel problem

have you moved the fuel line ? I installed a new engine ran fuel line to the bottom of the tub /ran fine for a month then a certain times it would shut off . All it was the fuel pump was not strong enough
    to lift it. Moved it to the upper body then drilled a hole and presto no more problems. GOOD LUCK also how is your gas line it could be collapesed partially if you have a new/ hook it up routing it fairly even with the carb
    Last edited by jeffery9076; 10-08-2009 at 12:22 PM.

The "cuts out when doing dougnuts, but only in one direction" deal has been reported before on otherwise normal running maxII's.

+ Reply to Thread