Ok! So I got my max II back together enough to try it this week and in neutral, it will nicely draw the belt through the entire clutch travel but when in gear, although engine can get to full speed, it will not draw the belt more than half way up in the drive pulley unless I get a long straight run, where it eventually makes it up to full speed. It gets to speed quicker on downhills, with the added momentum. When in neutral and revved, it appears to react very normally. This is an opposed or L-head 18 hp. B&S engine re-power with 94C drive clutch and original equipment driven. The Max is an earlier model that I have not gotten the actual year from RI for, but original voltage regulator Is stamped Aug. 1974 to give some indication of vintage. I am thinking heavier weights in driver but am new to clutches. Anybody here running the 94c in a max II that might know correct weights for this application? Otherwise, I am pleased with my initial run on this 400 JLO replacement. Can't wait to get this corrected and drive it some more. I have missed it. Thanks in advance all. Appreciate the site.