vangaurd 18hp hesitation stumble bog issue

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: vangaurd 18hp hesitation stumble bog issue

Threaded View

vangaurd 18hp hesitation stumble bog issue

I had a 02 max with this motor that ran perfect from idle to full stab and instant repsonse....it had about 70 hours on it when sold. Now my current 03 argo bought it with 70 hours has aboput 85 now and has horrible throttle tip in. Other than that it ides nice and low, and once underway motors is fine. Set the choke on half or so and its fine, so must be fuel related...or weak vac signal. I can see fuel spitting in carb when you stab it as it bogs right out. I pulled plugs thinking gaps were too big, and they were, but new gapped @ .030 made no difference. Carb and all passages and jets have been cleaned properly....was not nasty at all. At this point I'm ready to put a larger main jet in it....but was hoping for input or other ideas from some of you more experienced fellas on here. I also plan to adjust valves but they sound quiet except the very occasional very momentary click clack at idle. Thanks.

Vanguard correct spelling of topic title
    Last edited by AdrenalineJunky; 05-02-2012 at 12:47 PM. Reason: spelling