What is the distance between centerline engine out put shaft to center line trans input shaft??
Problems... bucking under heavy strain as in up hill, steep hill, I run with 3 other argos, we all assist each other in engine, clutchs, all different improvements to argos & like to compare performance in each. We have a test "hill" to compare performance. mine in high range, will not go up unless I pour the coal to it, all others go up in high gear no problem. Mine bucks, burns belts, only on hill, flat trail OK.
History, I owned argo conquest for 4 years, replaced both clutches 3 years ago, moved driven clutch spring to hole # 1, big improvement, tear down primary clutch often to clean, inspect, changed spring last fall, changed belts with new argo belts about once a year.
So, after brother & I took both of his clutches & belt off his machine, put them on mine, it did not make any difference, well maybe alittle at first, I had to use more throttle that he does with his machine, the bucking was not too bad at first, but will be if I attempt the hill a couple more times.
SOOO, we measured crankshaft to trans input shaft. (outside shaft to outside shaft, just reference)
My distance is 16 inch, good running machine is 16 5/16,
Good running machine = belt removal snug
Bad running machine = belt loose & comes off easy
SO, I called local argo shop for info or dimension, am waiting for reply.
Any ideas ?
Right now I pulled the transmission, checked trans & frame bolt holes for oblong, nothing worth noting, or nothing that would make the trans move towards the motor over a quarter of an inch?? I'm gonna put a wrench to the motor mount bolts in the morning just to check something while I got her tore down,
Throw some ideas at me while I got it tore down & can see everything,