My first 6x6 Max IV project

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: My first 6x6 Max IV project

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Woods View Post
    ...These things are not built for speed anyway...
    I'd second the motion about lower gearing. My Max II does 28 MPH according to the GPS, and that's INSANE in a skid steer vehicle. I doubt I'll ever do it again after that "let's see what she'll do" test. Anything over 20 MPH, and it's all to easy to get out of control using a set of steering levers. If it gets somewhat off being dead straight at speed, it's not that easy to correct without see-sawing. Surviving a flip at 28 MPH would be a crap shoot.

On edit:
    The two times I've been out in the desert playing in sand, (After getting the GPS installed) following old roads etc. my average speed is 8 to 10 MPH. Going back to my truck that might be 15 miles away after a good run, I still only do about 12 ~ 15 MPH. If you want speed, buy a Polaris RZR.
    Last edited by Adondo; 11-25-2013 at 08:33 PM.
    "Sand is pavement to a 6x6!"