So I just acquired a Hustler that is in multiple pieces (I will try and post pics soon) in a trade. By multiple I mean it is completely apart. I have spent a lot of time reading over the posts and from what I can gather I believe that I have a 900. It came with the Kohler 440cc (don't know if that's what it had in it) and a Tecumseh 16hp as well, (maybe that was the original engine??) the tub is in good shape and the axels look good. However, it appears that one of the axels has a slot on the end almost as if it were keyed none of the rest do? It also came with rims for the tires (8in) but no tires. So now for the questions:

1. If it is a 900 can I go with bigger rims and tires?

2. all of the inner bearings are frozen and need to be replace, should I replace them with stock bearings or is there an upgrade that I could do.

3. what engine should I use? I think that the 440 with a little tlc will run fine, it appears that the Tecumseh is seized... should I upgrade the engine? I would like to use this in the mud as well as in the mountains and i'm hesitant about a 2 stroke.

Although I know it seems that I am asking questions for the end of the project, until I get the grease and dirt off of the rest of the parts and post pictures its a start.

Any help here would be greatly apreceated.

Thanks,

Josh