resize3.jpgResize 4.jpgresize3.jpg
Pictured above is our 1962 Hustler Articulated offroad vehicle, it is not amphibious and also not affiliated with the Hustler 6x6 featured on this forum. There were 58 of these units built by the Hustler Corporation, a subsidiary of Scott Manufacturing in Adams City Colorado. My grandfather worked for Scott MFG and was the main designer and fabricator on the project. these machines were built from 1962-1968 and we have all of the original patent information as well. They were powered by single and twin cylinder Wisconsin Air-cooled engines and had a CVT belt and clutch system as well as a 3 speed transmission. Unit number 1 belonged to my grandpa and was sold to my dad about 30 years ago. Over the past winter we did a full restoration and repowered the machine with a 2 cylinder Kubota Diesel. Some styling changes were made to accomodate airflow to the radiator as well as add body work to cover all of the moving parts. We have tracked down as much history as possible on this machine and are just trying to see if anyone on here has ever seen or heard of The Hustler. At this point we know of 3 still in existence including our's in Iowa, one in Southern Missouri, and confirmed to be in Southern California.
I will post more photos on here if possible, I am a newbie and still trying to figure out the forum, Thanks for Reading!