TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!

Thread: TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

Threaded View

TERRA TIGER Restoration thread

This will be my one single thread where I post progress pics of the restorations I plan to do on this trio of Terra Tigers. So far, I have them ripped down to their shell and just need to pop the tops off of them. I am hoping to get the fiberglass work done in the next couple of weeks and maybe get them painted before old man winter strikes Milwaukee.

Here is a video link and pictures. From left to right they are a TT 18 (#plate missing), TT 10 (hard to read number plate but maybe #1623) and a TT10 (#3163).

Each will be equipped with the frame reinforcements that came in the TT 18 and all the internal wood will be replaced. I am leaning toward keyed shafts all the way around with 5 bolt rims. I may try different engines (each with electric start)in each including at least one conversion to a 4 stroke (I have a good 16 horse Briggs sitting here with no home)

All internal parts will get soaked in an electrolysis tank (instructions in the video below in case anyone is interested) to derust, then coated with rust converter, primed and painted.

Tips and suggestions welcome at anytime.
    Last edited by simpleton7016; 10-01-2009 at 08:24 PM.