Today was an absolute blast and a total adreneline rush! I got to drive 3 super fast Attex racers. Forum members, Don, Hydromike, and myself got together with all our racers at Mike's folk's house and pushed the racers to their limits and beyond. There was a really nice flat soybean field right in their backyard which combined with the inch or two of snow on the ground made a great surface to run the machines on.
Mike's D/Stock 440 Cuyuna unfortunately had a spark plug come loose while I was behind the sticks and it toasted the piston/rings pretty bad after we tore the engine down to investigate. I suppose the good thing about it is that now Mike has a reason to bore it out, have some port work done, and get a dual carb set up for it. I also drove Don's legendary McKay racer with a 484cc Chap. G50B twin and it flew! I really liked the straight shaft race transmission in that machine and I look forward to seeing what it will be like in my racer. I also got to drive Mike's 503cc Rotax powered "ST/503R" racer and it was extremely loud and fast. I believe Mike GPS'ed the machine at around 50+ mph. These machines really have the potential to scare the heck out of you. Don and I will be posting up pics and videos soon. Unfortunately my racer still needs to be completed before it can run with these guys, but we got a lot of work done on it today as well. Thanks guys!