I finally rebuilt the T-20 yesterday and finished installing it into the Hustler. Added all the chains and adjusters. Connected the drive rods to the the u-channels on the T-20. Here is my question...when I push forward on the sticks the top plungers move about a 1/8" then both will suddenly "pop" further in. Are the plungers going to far inside the case and pushing past the o-ring? Or the bands just releasing themselves from the drums? All four bands are new. Prior to rebuilding the T-20, I remember that it did this "pop" back then as well, so it is not a "new" sound since the rebuild. Also during the rebuild I could not get the top plungers to push "by hand" from the inside to the outside in order to put the o-rings on. It was too tight of a fit. But I manage to put the o-rings on and gently push them in without tearing the o-ring. So does anyone know what the "pop" is on the top plungers? Do I need to adjust them so when I push forward they don't get to the point where they "pop"? I don't have the engine installed so I can't drive it to see what the effect is during operation. Please watch the video for a better explanation. Thanks,
Al