new rims

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: new rims

old brain cells getting older.But i use to know alot about metail and there make up there are grades of stainlees that will rust they are just cheap but designed in for what ever purpose there are just a whole bunch of them but if the guy cant sell it to you you are proubly geeting bad stuff. the worst thing with them is the gall factor once it happens its over and they are tough to drill out.As for the rims they are in us i will invoice tommorow for details mine were on back oreder and i thought oh this is bad but he came through and shipped early.well no response to my making pins and keepers so i guess i got the shop light up sat.

The old Argo rims did not have a good bead lock so they are nothing to compare to. The fact that you said the tires seated easily is a concern. Try mounting a new tire on a Max bead lock k-rim and you'll thnk the tire is going to explode before the bead seats.

I remember years ago when we'd have a big 6x6 ride at Deepwater. An Argo would have a tire off the rim within five minutes of riding. This happens mostly when riding in an ORV park that has ruts narrower than the Argo. One time a guy had three tires off one side of his Conquest and every Bigfoot had at least one front tire off. It was a miserable time for those rims. Max upgraded to the K-rim in 1999, a great bead lock rim made by Kawasaki. I have ran tires flat with the valve stem tore out and the rim still holds tight. The k-rim is a steel rim with black powder coat for only $53 from Recreatives. Well worth it.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

by seated easy i mean putting a strap around it and stand back yes there is one heck of a pop when they seat.I have done big heavy tires on construction eq. that we put chain and binders around and take 100 psi or more to seat so in that aspect these were easy.plus the rim seal proubly acted as a lube.But I didnt say my big plan when i hit the lottery of corse i am upgrading to 24 for the mud and leave the 22 for the tracks.than even if it is a promblem it will be ok besides 13.00 bucks is hard to pass up ........On another thought on are heavy off road stuff at work we weld a pipe nipple on the rim and than screw a cap on it to keep valve stem from being ripped off in mud any body do that here i was going too but i hate welding galv but i will on the 24.and nope never had a paomblem getting caps off they are never seized every time.

+ Reply to Thread