T 20 transmission vent

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: T 20 transmission vent

T 20 transmission vent

He is my first attempt at making a vent for my tranny......Time will tell if it is going to work....2012-02-11_19-26-39_735.jpg

Looks like a fuel filter from a Chevy carb.

WHY? The upper fill plug has a built in vent...basicly an air stone.....$2.67 at McMaster-Carr

Greenville, South Carolina, United States, 107600062603098, Greenville, South Carolina
    That is good ideas to cool down the t20 , I do that on my motorcycle yamaha r1 , u can go to pepboysvthey have the fitter for that is coast about 10.00 for it

buggyman......

My rig had a solid plug.....I wanted to be creative and try to fab up something different...........still open to ideas.....

Mine had the solid plug towards the bottom of the trans and a vented plug for the top one. I had to drill it open again. Sludge was packed hard in there. The plug in drilled horizontally though the heads wrench flats and then through the shaft at the threaded end, up until you break through.

zoood

Quote Originally Posted by turtlecrawler View Post
    buggyman......

My rig had a solid plug.....I wanted to be creative and try to fab up something different...........still open to ideas.....
    Im not sure you want to do that. I did basically the same on the transmission on my harley. The problem is this,... the tranny, when it's active will agitate the hell out of the tranny fluid. Making it bubble up. Which means it makes it expand. Having that filter on there, which looks like the opening to the tranny is more than an 1/8 weep hole vent that they usually have. Will allow fluid to bubble through that filter. It will be soaking wet in no time.

zoood

Quote Originally Posted by turtlecrawler View Post
    He is my first attempt at making a vent for my tranny......Time will tell if it is going to work....Attachment 8093
    Last edited by Mike; 02-12-2012 at 06:40 PM. Reason: merged two consecutive posts. You can reply to everyone at one time using the "+" multiquote buttons

+ Reply to Thread