Plowing snow and other

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Plowing snow and other

Plowing snow and other

Wife and I are looking at 6x6 and 8x8, but how well do they plow snow, light fluffy, wet and heavy. Small amounts or 6" to 12". Does the engine size make a big difference in the above (like 18hp to 26hp). Tracks or wheel? Please let use know!!

Thanks

KC & MC

only 12" of snow? no problem

You would not even need tracks for 6-12"

I only have an 18 hp brigs on a 6x6 with a plow and it works very well.

More HP would only be better .
    The low range gear setting on the Argo is the best for this .
    Why do we waste tax money on bridges and roads when we can all just drive AATVs

I have been working a lot of overtime so the last time I had a chance to visit the site was 2/27, well anyway about plowing snow I have a Max lV (18hp) with 26" rawhides and I can move alot of snow, now that I have tracks I just raise the blade and continue drving over the snow instead of backing up. My son-in-law has a MaxlV (25hp and 6ft blade) also with tracks and 1/4 mile drive way. He also makes windrow in the field for the blowing snow.. We also figured one day he has spread 32 ten wheeler loads of stone, dirt etc in building the drive way. It will run circles around a 4 wheeler. If you get a canopy you can be fairly comfortable as well. If you get hard packed blown snow it takes more work but can be done.

Thanks for all the replies

KC

+ Reply to Thread