attex transmission

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: attex transmission

attex transmission

is the transmission in my 69 attex a t20 ?

I'm going to say no. it probably is a baker hill. If you have reverse its a 5000 or 7000 if not its a 6000. it should say on the tag.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

I have a 1970 and I have a 7000 series. Are you having problems? I saw one listed in the e-bay section for a 5000 series. Richard's Relics repairs them if you need it worked on. There are also other members that have threads on the BH trans... I hope this helps.... Welcome to Richard's Relics Parts for ATV's

Don't go through Richard's Relics. You'll just end up paying way too much and you'll have no money left to put into the rest of the machine. And that one for sale on ebay is VERY questionable. If you have any issues with it, the helpful 6X6World members will get you up and running and you'll save TONS of money. Here are two how to articles Larry W did on the Baker Hill Attex transmissions:

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...nsmission.html

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/conte...nsmission.html
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Your right about Richard's... I just got back my $600 rebuild. That hurt....

The Baker Hill 7000 just looked a little to intimidating for me to tackle on my own so I sent it in. I had my machine all set filled the trans and before I could fire it up I had gear lube all over in the bottom of my machine... Not having enough time or experience, I decided to send it out be done for me. I initially go a quote for $250 plus parts... That was going to hurt but I thought the sooner I had it done the sooner I could get on the ice... So while breaking it down an axle had to be cut off and a new part had to be machined, couldn’t get a seal any more. The $250 turned into $550... The shipping was another $55 each way, to and from the repair. At the time I originally wrote this I was in shock with what I paid. $650 dollars was a lot and now the ice is gone and the machine still isn't running. When I was putting the trans back in I notice that the calipers for the brakes were sticking so I am in the process of cleaning them up. I saw a great article by Larry W. on this so I am hopefully going to get that done today. I ordered some material I will cut for new pucks then everything should be good to go.

I read an article on the forum that your first machine is always the most expensive because of what you learn along the way. I was hoping to stay under $1000 in the rebuild but I am at $1,200 and the cost of the tranny rebuilt doubled my cost so far... I thought about what I wrote earlier and I thought I should explain. Mike at Richards was really informative on things and I guess with the work that was being done, the cost was in line but it still hurts... I guess I need to tell my wife about this one... Maybe after our vacation though...
    Last edited by wi_6x6; 03-18-2012 at 07:23 AM.

$600 for a "rebuilt" transmission, or $600 to *rebuild* a transmission?

+ Reply to Thread