Chapparal engines

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chapparal engines

Cool Chapparal engines

i just bought a super chief...and the motor doesn`t have the mikuni carb it has a toilet on it..was told that it should have a mikuni vm32 on it ..and they have new carbs on ebay...but my question is what size is the main jet...can i get some help , thanks in advance

I just had my Chaparral 484 apart for my green Superchief and I was rebuilding the carb and the main jet on the stock VM32 Mikuni looked to be a 280.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

The Superchief came stock with a VM30 and a 185 jet, but a 32, 34, or 36 work fine (jetting will be different, of course). I like the 36mm- they seem to feed the beast best.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Quote Originally Posted by Don View Post
    The Superchief came stock with a VM30 and a 185 jet, but a 32, 34, or 36 work fine (jetting will be different, of course). I like the 36mm- they seem to feed the beast best.
    Don, you're absolutely right, I wasn't even thinking when I posted that.......I had two carbs that I was working with on the workbench and the VM30 was the one from the Superchief, not the 32. The last two numbers on the main jet were "80" and I couldn't make out the first one. I thought 280 sounded familiar, but It seems that 180 seems a bit more logical now.

A 30mm Mikuni seems a bit small for such a large displacement engine now that I think about it. If you don't mind me picking your brain, Don, what kind of jetting would you run in say a 32, 34, and 36mm Mikuni if it were on a stock G50B?
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Hey, JP;
    I like to run 36's and I think we ended up with a 240 jet in the (mostly) stock Budracer (don't usually discuss the McKay specs). We've also run a 34mm carb and if I remember rightly, the 210 jet worked best.
    Stuck in the seventies- not in the swamp.

(6) Attex, a Hustler, a Super Swamp Fox, (2) Tricarts, (3) Tri-sports, a Sno-co trike, 3 Dunecycles, and a Starcraft! ...so far

Thanks, Don. And I just came across the specs for the Chaparral G50B in the literature section for the Superchief:

http://www.6x6world.com/images/attex...-Manual-02.jpg

i also have a RIM an i'm new to these things. I bought an new mikuni vm 34 off of amazon. im going to take your advice and put the 210 main jet in it should i change the polite and needle jets to? if so what size should i go with?

+ Reply to Thread