New to forum/ Axle bearings

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New to forum/ Axle bearings

New to forum/ Axle bearings

I just inherited a Max IV! It was my grandfathers since new, but I don't know what year it is or really anything about it. I have a number of questions, but the first has to do with the bearings. What inner axle bearings should I get for it? I think the part number is uc206-17, but this bearing is different from all the others. All the other look to have a locking collar, where as the front ones do not. Should I get the locking collar ones? Finally why is the axle turned down to 1 1/16 at the end? That seems to make the bearings more expensive. Thanks guys!

Welcome to the site! All of the later model Max axles are that way and if you call the helpful guys at Buffalo Bearing up (716) 874-1720 and tell them that part number and that you're with 6X6World, they'll be sure to take good care of you. Next, call up Recreatives ( Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 ) with your serial number and they'll be able to tell you all about your machine, year, options, etc, etc, etc. Whatever you do, DON'T deal with Richard Clark/Route6x6. His prices are absolutely ridiculous, his customer service is horrible, and his parts are very poor quality and you'll go broke and rarely, if ever be able to actually ride your machine.

Good luck with it and let us know how it turns out.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Thanks for the info and the warning. I actually called Rout6x6 before and had the same impression of the service. I got the bearing ordered. Now, I need to know about sprocket and axles. I have two axles where the sprockets have warn into the axle and fit very loosely. They wobble a lot. Where do I get replacements for them? thanks in advance.

Call Recreative Industries 1-800-255-2511. They can get you axles and sprockets. If you have your serial number handy, they will even be able to tell you a little more about your machine like what year it is and the dealer that sold it.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

if your axles are round then it could be the bolt hole is rounded out. if your axles are splined then it could be the set screw is backed out or the hole the set screw goes in is rounded out or the set screw itself is.
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

You could always get the sprockets from Buffalo Bearing too. They carry all that kind of stuff. Just let them know all the specs on it and they'll get you the right stuff. They actually will order you good G&G Gear components. They're the company that makes all the sprockets for the Max AATVs.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

Well, Called Recreatives. I have a 1999 Max IV with an 18hp vangard engine. I also asked about parts... Sounded expensive. Are they the only place to get axles? They were $158 an axle and another $120 for the sprockets. I will be calling Buffalo soon to see about idlers and the drive sprockets. I appreciate the info! Is there any know way to upgrade the bearing flanges and bearings. Some of them were installed wrong and did not seal well. The grease flows right out of them. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread