23 hp vanguard acting funny

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 23 hp vanguard acting funny

23 hp vanguard acting funny

Man I have a problem with a 23 hp v-twin vanguard. It is surging at idle and I had changed fuel filter and plugs when i took off air cleaner it seems to run smoother and also when I take out the fuel filter it helps. I do have some smoke coming from the black vent hose that hooks to the air cleaner. I adjusted the governor and that helped a little but now I"m stumped. any help would be great.

I feel your pain , I am dealing with my own demonic 23hp V-twin ... except I have messed up the governor setting and of late had little time to try to fix it ... Do you have the adjustable Carburetor? What I know about small engines you could put on a head of a pin so I have been surfing the net for solutions ...it is out there from simple fixes of cleaning the carb to complete over hauls and modifies... I can only wish you the best and hope you fix a fix ....
    Bill G.

how long has it been since you last cleaned your carb? I would start there if you have already replaced plugs and fuel filter
    Hold My B..R and Watch This!!!

disassemble that carb and soak it in some chem dip for a couple of days, blow/clean out all the passages, reassemble with a genuine Briggs rebuild kit and your problems will be solved.
    Thomas

94 MAX IV, 16 Vanguard, Aqua Torques, 1 1/4" wheel spacers

My repair manual will be here monday and that is when I will get midevil on this thing.

+ Reply to Thread