Aasking about 24 inch tires on a Max II

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Aasking about 24 inch tires on a Max II

Aasking about 24 inch tires on a Max II

HAS ANYONE RAN THE 24 INCH CARLISLE TIRES ON A MAX II? AND CAN YOU TELL ME HOW THEY WORKED FOR YOU? ARE THERE ANY MODS THAT HAVE TO BE DONE? I AM WANTING TO GAIN SPEED IN THE WATER THANKS

If you will use the search, this topic has been discussed quite a bit and there are several threads with some good information in them telling you everything that has to be done.

Edit: Here's a few to get you started:
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...es-max-ii.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...es-max-ii.html
    http://www.6x6world.com/forums/max-a...ier-tires.html
    Last edited by Mike; 11-07-2012 at 08:57 PM. Reason: added links

I think the Argo tires on a Max2 make it one of the quickest machines out there. No body mods needed as long as the hull hasn't sagged. On the other hand, these aren't the best tires in deep mud. They are in their element in the water.

I think there is a video floatin around somewhere of a max II with the argo tires on it. I cant remember if it is on here or on youtube. I think its under "Max II with argo frontier tires". You wont believe how fast it paddles! after I saw it, I started searching for the tires.....6 tires arent cheap!

About putting on 24x10-8 Argo Tires on a Max II

I got a lot of reponses about my question on the 24 tires and I want to say thanks but now I am a little confused some say you have to make mods and some say you don't. The body doesn't sag and what I am wanting to put on it is the Argo Carlisle 24x10-8 tires
    on my Max II without having to do any mods to it.Does anyone know if these will work without having to change anything on it Thanks
    Last edited by Mike; 11-09-2012 at 06:38 PM. Reason: merged two threads on the same topic. Please just continue to reply to the existing thread.

I think Brandon put these tires on a max ii some time ago and put a movie on his site of him going fast in the water. Maybe he will chime in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Badassbanshee View Post
    I got a lot of reponses about my question on the 24 tires and I want to say thanks but now I am a little confused some say you have to make mods and some say you don't. The body doesn't sag and what I am wanting to put on it is the Argo Carlisle 24x10-8 tires
    on my Max II without having to do any mods to it.Does anyone know if these will work without having to change anything on it Thanks

The actual size of the 24" tire changes greatly from tire to tire. You have to find six small 24" tires to put them on. I almost did that recently on a Argo Response. It seems that the small 24" tires are getting harder to find. I then found that the 22" Argo tire to be an excellent choice. You don't have to worry about clearance and you'll never notice the actual difference in size. It's smooth riding and awesome in the water.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

Thanks for that info. On the 22 tires you got, do you know where you can get them at a resonable price?And are they 22x10-8?

They are 22x10-8. Tim at Adair Argo in Iowa usually has quite a few on hand. His number is 641-740-2752.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

+ Reply to Thread