Track question

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Track question

Track question

OK, so I'm new to the site and just traded a snowmobile for a early mod. Max II. It has 22/10/8 tires on it. What do I need to do to put tracks on this thing? Called on Adair tracks and they are saying 20" tires and probably extensions.
    Also, would like advice on the best track to go with for snow. Live in Alaska and would like to use this for my trap line in certain area's.
    By the way I've really been enjoying this site and am excited to have a place for good advice. Thanks

Since you live in Alaska (you didn't say where) and I just left (darn another Max man, missed it again). If you send me an emal and nclude the information n it I will send you several phone #'s for Anchorage and Fairbanks. I have a stock 09 II with tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Koflach View Post
    OK, so I'm new to the site and just traded a snowmobile for a early mod. Max II. It has 22/10/8 tires on it. What do I need to do to put tracks on this thing? Called on Adair tracks and they are saying 20" tires and probably extensions.
    Also, would like advice on the best track to go with for snow. Live in Alaska and would like to use this for my trap line in certain area's.
    By the way I've really been enjoying this site and am excited to have a place for good advice. Thanks
    You will need the hub extenstions, 21x11x8 tires, although 20" tires would work too, and the bearing cages for additional bearings to support the axles when using tracks. Try Recreatives for some of those parts. Amphibious Six-Wheel Drive All-Terrain Vehicles: MaxATVs - Call 1-800-255-2511 Whatever you do, Whatever you do, NEVER EVER deal with Richard Clark/Route6x6. He has burned so many people in the 6x6 hobby. He sells inferior quality parts at rediculously high prices, his shipping and "handling" charges are astronomical, and his customer service is down right horrible.
    "Looks like you have a problem with your 4 wheeler........you're missin' two wheels there"

I believe the Max factory tracks would be your best bet in the snow for a good combination of flotation and traction.Up here in Canada my tracks make the machine as we have a good four months of snow. I think Adair tracks are really good but factory tracks will float the machine better on snow. A good track setup is pricey no matter whose or on what machine but when you see what you can do with them,you'll never want to be without them.

+ Reply to Thread