252 Colt muffler removal.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 252 Colt muffler removal.

252 Colt muffler removal.

Question for 6x6world Team Attex. I would like to remove the OEM mufflers from both of my 252 colt projects. Is there a tried and proven method of accessing the fastener that holds the wrap around clamp out at the end of the muffler? I haven't done anything yet and wanted to inquire before removing the three flange bolts and endinig up with something still hanging on. Thanks,

Joe.

to remove the clamp from the body, you either have to split the body halves, or cut an access hole like the one seen here in big 5 (note: this access hole existed long before H-Mike owned 5 and he probably would have done it in a much more un-hack-ified manner... like a hole saw???)

If you have no plans of reusing the clamp, you can remove the muffler, then cut the head off the bolt holding the clamp, and push the remaining bolt up and out, then tip the body backward and it will slide to the rear and fall into the bottom of the tub.....

either way, unbolt the clamp from around the muffler, remove the bolts on the inside of the tub and the muffler will fall right out. Ok, that's a lie. that's how it would work if new, however a machine that has been run will have all kinds of packed dirt, corrosion, and some melted plastic keeping the muffler from just falling out. some force is usually required! The one in my Wild Wolf required considerable force, and eventually I heated up the plastic around the bolts to help ease the process.
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I removed what was left of the stock exhaust after I split the halves. I dont know if I needed to separate the body, but I found it easy to install all the parts with the upper off the first time.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

Thanks men. I was thinkin an access hole but didn't recall ever asking anyone "what's that hole for?",lol. I like the grind off and push up thru if abandoning installation suggestion. At this time I don't intend on separating the body halves. I'll post some more pic's of tub patching soon.

Joe.

+ Reply to Thread