video's of your personal machine with the Adair track on it.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: video's of your personal machine with the Adair track on it.

mightmaxIV

Dan, this is also one of my favorite video's too that you shot ! Casual 6x6 or 8x8 drivers with out Adair tracks would'nt stand a chance trying to follow you in the places where you took your Argo 6x6 that day.

Wow David, it seems that you and Noel are able to find a never ending variety of impossible mud holes. Its very entertaining to watch your Argo's eat mud that none of the 4x4's will even try. I remember the first seemingly easy mud hole that I took my Argo down at river run, I thought the hole was a breeze, I looked back and saw you in the MaxIV with mud tires badly stuck. A high lifted quad saw me go through with ease and thought he could run his machine through, he got stuck, smoked his belt and had to have friends pull him out while Tim drove the Mudd Ox up behind him and then pulled out of the mud lane sideways and drove back a forth through the area where he was stuck with a herd of his 4x4 friends watching. That was the clue the 4x4's needed to stay away from AATV's with Adair tracks.

mightymaxIV

The main reason that you don't see any 4-wheelers trying to follow us in the mud holes that we choose to drive through, is because the big mud trucks with tractor tires on them have made the mud so soft underneath the water and now the 4-wheelers can't drive through it any more with out being winched out.

Adair Tracks in snow

Here are some videos of Adair tracks in 20" of snow.

Adair tracks are not just for mud.

Keith.

ADAIR TRACKS, WITHOUT 'EM YOUR JUST SPINNING YOUR WHEELS
    REMEMBER KIDS, THE FIRST "A" in AATV STANDS FOR AMPHIBIOUS

So impressive that you could move throgh that frozen bush in video number four.

Went for a ride down at my girlfriends house in Franklinville NY on Saturday. Quite a few sleds out, its seems to be a hardcore sledding town, didn't get the same enthustaic "thumbs up" I got arroud my house, got more "what the h..." confused looks. Very nice trail set up but I realized that its like riding your dirtbike on the street, no real challenge (unless there are flashing lights behind you). I had more fun climbing the snow piles along side the road and parking lots than on the trails, all that fun snow the sleds wont even think about.
    MAX IV Mark

Quote Originally Posted by mightymaxIV View Post
    So impressive that you could move throgh that frozen bush in video number four.
    Dan, it seems like running over the snow covered bush is actually pretty easy going. You sort of get extra traction from the twigs and small branches and it is held down by the heavy snow. Just sort of wonder what you are actually running over sometimes.

Keith.

This is a video that I shot with my Flip camera in 2011. I was at Wildtexasranger's house and while I was there I let his wife upload all of the video's that I shot that weekend onto their computer and add the music to it. His wife did an exellent job of choosing the right video clips. Since she's from Columbia, I'm sure that Eddie aka --> Wildtexasranger helped her with the music selections. Hat's off to both of them for making this video possible. Lee who had the floppy brush hat on ,had just gotten his new 2011 , Argo Frontier 6x6 that weekend. He took his Mud Bug tires off of it and Tim installed them on an Argo 580, Frontier that had a 3.3 transmission in it. Tim took the stock 16 hp motor out of it and installed a 27 hp , Generac motor. The 27 hp, Generac motor and the 3.3 low gear transmission was a great combination. We had no problems driving through the soft mud with the Adair tracks, but Tim had to work his Argo 6x6 a little in some of the trail areas with the 25" inch Mud Bugs.

+ Reply to Thread