Rubber tracks

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Rubber tracks

Hey RD, what are "track tuners"?

BTW I have run the Argo 18" rubber tracks and find them to be quite adequate. They DO wear out the sidewalls, but only in the winter. The combination of wide open cruising and snow causes the sidewalls to wear and turns them gummy. Snow is actually an abrasive and on snowmobiles it is the heat of friction that causes the snow to melt when it hits the sliders and create a slippery thin layer of water for lube. Our machines do not have the wheel speed needed to create the heat and as such causes the unmelted snow to work somewhat like sandpaper. I have ONLY had this wear issue in the winter and also keep in mind that I ran around 800-1000 Miles per winter so people who are doing much less than that may not see the problem.
    09' ARGO Avenger 750 EFI
    With near every option Argo makes
    and a few they don't

Track Tuners are hubs that mount on the end of axles. They effectively turn the wheels loose, allowing those wheels to turn at any rpm, regardless of how fast the axles are turning. Running them on center axles eliminates any chain windup cause by tire to track friction on those axles. Less need to maintain exact tire diameter and pressures. Less stress on the drive components.

[IMG]

RD

I think this is obvious, but the tuner must be the same length as the Argo wheel spacers? If this is the case, it seems like the tuners must be part specifically made for the Argo application? I'm a bit ignorant on Argos and tracks...

My Tuners are 2.75", I have 1/4" spacers that I add to the axle extensions on the other axles. If I'm not mistaken, I think I read somewhere that the new Tuners are available in 2.5", same as stock Argo axle extensions.

RD

+ Reply to Thread