Rawhides, Aquatorques or ??????

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawhides, Aquatorques or ??????

Rawhides, Aquatorques or ??????

Being new to 6x6 wheeling I have an Argo my friend has been a 6x6/8x8 driver since the 70's with both Max's and Argos and currently has a 2000 Argo Bigfoot. The type of driving that we have in south eastern Mass. hard trails , and swamp the Rawhide tire has proven to be a good 3 season tire ,, lacking only deep water swimming ability. We can over come what water we have with an electric trolling motor ,,,, I have a 2006/7 Argo Frontier with stock tires also a set of 16" Adair tracks ... as good as they are they do not do it all in our conditions that we ride so I am looking at getting a set of tires ... So what have I got for options if I can not get Rawhide 's ? ..Yes I know Rawhide's are available still from Adair but would like to get other thoughts if Aqua Torques or other tires will give as good or better than the proven Rawhide's.
    Thanks All..

Read the thread titled "Big tires that swim good" under the tire forum. It should give you some insight. Although the Aquatorques mud and skid steer good, they are rumored not to swim at all. Mudbugs or GBC Gators would work better.
    l like to buy stuff and no I don't do payments!

This is a video of how the Aqua Torque tires swim in the water.

Them tires are mean looking.

BW3,

I have the AquaTorques (AT) on my Max IV. They are hands down the most rugged tire out there, great mud traction, great skid steering ability, but they barely swim on a Max IV. Also, be aware that they are the hardest riding tire that I have ever used. I run them with 0 air pressure on 10 in wide MudOx rims. The ride is punishing, they will be a huge change for you if you are used to the old Goodyear Rawhide III. Good luck with your tire choice.

Pete

+ Reply to Thread