My first aatv

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My first aatv

My first aatv

Well I got my first aatv and its a 1996 argo conquest I believe anyways it has 386 hrs on it and has a Kawasaki fd620d. I bought it for 1200 it runs And drives but is very slow slow my nephews was running faster then it,was it supposed to go a little faster then that, all in all tho I am addicted and can't wait to work on it and make it my own.

congratulations! yup, they are slow, top end about 20mph, they are not made for SPEED, they are made for climbing, mudding, off road trailing, you get the idea. They are a great machine if they fit YOUR applications. You'll find a purpose I hope.

They are enjoyable to drive. Fun to play with. You'll find yourself smiling when you put it in the water the first time.

I can't wait to get the tires fixed

Great deal.

So, what is slow? Top end will depend on which transmission you have. There are 3 with higher/middle/lower gearing. Do a search on the site and you'll find some specifics but each transmission has a letter designation and mine is 'G' which is the low gearing. But still, even the high geared will seem slow compared to a quad on the road. I think I clocked mine full out at around 15 mph once?

(hmm, just thinking, but maybe H/M/G for the letter - do a search to confirm)

Other than that you may need to fix a couple of things. Make sure that both cylinders are firing. I had one go cold on me once - sloooowwwwww...
    Also, search out some posts on cleaning and lubing your CVT - you want to make sure the CVT is fully shifting into high gear.

Well one of my push rods was off so only one cylinder was firing thanks for your help.

+ Reply to Thread