Getting ready, first trip this yr.

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Getting ready, first trip this yr.

Well, made it back alive, lol. 5 kids and 2 Dads is a lot of work.
    Apperently I don't know how to work my video camera, so no vids of the trip in. No big loss, nothing crazy happened....... Well, except that part where I tried to sink my Conquest in a Muskeg hole. Loaded heavy, and trying to climb out of a hole, most of the Muskeg from the surounding area flowed right into the back of the machine. What a freakin mess, 5 inches deep, sloshing around under the floor, and in the engine compartment. Stupid Conquest Drain Plugs...... under the floor..........unload the whole darn machine to try to drain it. And then................ Did you know that muskeg catches fire really easy once it dries out (especially around the Brakes)? I knew I could smell it burning, but I didn't stop untill I was looking like the "Clampett" Mobile, headed down the trail. Nothing a couple bottles of water couldnt take care of though.
    Figured out my camera while I was at the lake, so i got some vids on the way home.
    Buddy did well on his trip out with me, is girls had a blast hanging out with us. We took them tubing, fishing, Knee Boarding, Kayaking, ect. Vids are uploading, will post a few pics
    [IMG][/IMG]

One short fishing vid, then on to the Argo's

RD

This one is ready

RD

Looks like you all had a great time. The water on the lake looks very relaxing...very calm...Some nice fish as well....Your dog looks like he was having a lot of fun on the trip out.....memories to last a lifetime.....
    Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.
    —Will Rogers

Creek Crossing

Muskeg Soup

I'm not sure I like this new camera. It has more of a wide angle, which makes things look wierd, and the picture does not seem as clear........

RD

Some "Bush Dinners"
    Fish, Fried 'taters, green stuff
    [IMG][/IMG]

Roasted Chicken
    [IMG][/IMG]

Breakfast anyone?
    [IMG][/IMG]

At least the wives could not complain about the food we prepared

RD

Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing.

Trip out from cabin

Quote Originally Posted by kingtroller View Post
    Looks like a great trip! Thanks for sharing.
    Yes, what kingtroller said! I'm sure that you have made the same trip out many times before you got the Adair tracks but I think it would have involved more than one winching event. How much longer would it have taken? I think the tracks will be on till winter,Am I right? Thanks again for the video Rock doctor.

There are a number of variables, as you know, but if I had to guess....
    It took us aprox 3 hrs each way. Loaded as we were, with a new driver, and wet trail conditions. I would guess another hour each way, without tracks..... Not so much because we would have had to do a lot of winching, but more because we would have had to skirt some of those holes, and would also have taken some side trails to avoid some of the really bad stretches of trail.

A good time for me alone on that trail is a little under 2hrs.

RD

Thanks for the info Doc. A set of Adair tracks are on my wish list for sure.

+ Reply to Thread