Carb trouble

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carb trouble

Carb trouble

Hey guys. I had a Walbro carb on my 440 Thunderchief. Didn't run so good. When it started it ran great, it just didn't want to restart after I turned it off. I had another 440 with a Mikuni on it so I swapped everything out and now there is way too much gas. I have to keep pulling the plugs and dry them off before I start it. It takes about 10 tries before it finally starts and when it does start it smokes so bad I'm afraid my neighbor is going to call the fire department. While it is running, it runs like crap and you can see the gas dripping out of the exhaust. It is really bad. I checked compression in both cylinders and they are good. I looked up the super tuning guide for Mikuni and tells me squat. I adjusted the are screw when I got it started and it ran better but not much. I tried the mixture screw on the side (the one with the spring) and no matter what I do with it (all the way in, all the way out) it doesn't make any difference. Help me!
    Last edited by Mike; 07-22-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: moved thread from Attex forum to Engine forum

Sounds like there is to big of a jet in the carb.

Quote Originally Posted by Toys4Me View Post
    Sounds like there is to big of a jet in the carb.
    What size jet should be in there?

Have you took the carb apart and cleaned it? It sounds like the float is stuck or there is something in the needle seat that's preventing the needle from stoping the gas flow when the bowl is full. Good Luck, Mikuni carbs are great.....when you get them working right.

If you get tired of messing with it you can bring it over, I should have everything you need to get it going.

+ Reply to Thread