argo heaters

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: argo heaters

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Doctor View Post
    Is your's one of the Early Avengers? Pre HDI Avengers, before the Admiral Trans still had Brake Fans.
    The OP referanced getting a newer Avenger, so that's where I was going with that comment. Sorry for the confusion.

RD
    Yes mine is pre-HDI. Sorry about this.

I have a 2004 Conquest with an alternator and heater/defroster kit. I have a hardtop with soft sides and staying warm in sub zero temps is not an issue. The heater kit has two speeds and both are on the unimpressive side, but I am glad I have it for the defrost effect more than anything. The alternator kit is VERY nice to have when running a lot of lights and doing loooong winches.

I think a good alternative is to put a 12 volt fan on the dash to direct the firewall heat to the windshield or wherever needed.

I have a 2010 Avenger 700 (which didn't seem to be that popular over the 750's, but price difference made it worth it) - I don't have a heater and I don't have the larger alternator. I use mine all winter to plow and that includes running the winch up/down a lot, along with the headlights. I've never had an issue starting back up from lack of battery power. I do keep mine on a trickle charger if it's going a month or more without starting. In regards to cabin heat, It's usually warm enough inside the cab within about 15 minutes that I'm down to a sweatshirt and there's been days in the winter when I'm running it hard that it's t-shirt time. Just my experience.

Early model Avenger with Alt kit,with heater,and plow kit,the heater works excellent,but as said not always needed only issue in certain weather conditions high humidity from melted snow fogging windshield that the defroster can not do anything with,unlike your automobile that incorporates the A/C system to remove excess moisture from the cabin.But glad I have the heater.Cheers NCT

+ Reply to Thread