Tires for 1979 argo

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Tires for 1979 argo

Tires for 1979 argo

Just got my new tires put on the argo.
    I must say imo, it looks 10 years newer with them on compared to the dry rotted tires I had on previously.
    Haven't been able to drive it much since I got the new tires, but I am sure they will do the trick.
    The top of the tires comes within less than an inch from the tub due to body sag.
    The last pic is of the old dry rotted tires.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by gotrippedoff; 02-28-2014 at 03:06 PM.

Looks Good, I'm thinkin' that strapping it down like that on a hot summer day would add to the sag at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Nubs View Post
    Looks Good, I'm thinkin' that strapping it down like that on a hot summer day would add to the sag at some point.
    You're right there Nubs, 2nd pic shows the machine has already banana'd, the best way to strap these machines is always at the axles.

http://www.6x6world.com/forums/attac...216_125735.jpg

The machine and the tires both look good.

Very good point, I may have to find a new way to strap it down in the summer months.
    I usually only use the straps when I am hauling it somewhere.
    And I only tighten the straps enough to keep the Argo from bouncing up off the trailer bed.
    I imagine it will eventually show the effects in body sag, which unfortunately, it already has to some extent.

+ Reply to Thread