Regoverning what I degoved?

1. Welcome to 6x6 World.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. Looking forward to seeing you in the forums and talking about AATVs!
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Regoverning what I degoved?

Regoverning what I degoved?

So I put a Governor lock on this 35HP Vanguard that Im Modding. I removed all the stock linkage to do the Carb swap.
    Im playing with an automotive Tach to see if I can get a good reading but I don't have a Max variable RPM to work off of.

I know Stock with the Governor is 3600 RPM. So what can I do to the governor rod so I can get it to work temporarily to get a base variable reading on the Tach.
    Heres a pic of the Governor lock I made.

HI ,
    U need a noncontact infared tacho 20-40$. It works by placing a reflective tape on the spinning pulley and then shinning the hand piece towards it .U then get a reading on the hand piece . This way is more accuarte than the plug wire pick up .
    The alternate is to purchase a dash mounted programable tacho which can be adjusted to suit the vanguard . It will use an inductive pick up of the plug wire

The governor assembly and factory carburetor is designed to work together and will have adjustments to achieve the factory spec .

tomo

Ok Thanks Tomo.
    I'll leave it as is and go forth with looking into a better Tach.

yep, this one just clips on the plug wire and yer good to go.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/eq...Fa9cMgodJBoA6A

I've been racking my brain looking into Tachs for this thing.
    I don't want to go with the digital because its too hard to see. I was hoping to find a 2.5 inch range Analog Tach but the only one I found that was affordable is the Equus 6068. Problem is, they stopped making the 6068 that has the red button in the back and is programmable for 1-12 cylinders. I read that some people found them still but they had to search a bunch of O'reillys. The newer model 6068 is only good for 4-6-8 cylinders.

I like the Equus 8068, which can be used on 2 cylinder and has the inductive pickup. Although, I don't like the price of $80. But the size is bigger then I wanted to go with and I'd have to mount it outside of the dash so Im not to sure how it will do if it gets wet.
    The Equus 80

A digital is way to slow to respond, you'll have parts layin' in the sand before you get your foot outta it. there comes a point where one needs to spend the money to get the right parts otherwise you'll be chasing problems forever and never get it dialed in

Immature. A word used by boring people to describe fun people.

hi
    8068 [DIS] equis is the programmable unit [all late model programmable tach use digital processors] [this allows multi/type engine use ]
    DIS = distributor less ignition system
    The 6088 are not suitable ""This is a standard type tach""
    The programmable tachs are expensive and from what I have searched the Equis is the cheapest
    Try summit racing
    tomo
    Last edited by Tomo; 03-11-2014 at 11:33 AM.

I did some pretty extensive online research and the Equus 8068 is the only budget, under $80 Analog Tach that will work.
    The tiny tachs or similar ones, although easier to setup, just way to small, no back light and the sun glare makes them hard to see.

I wish Equus still made the 6086(DIS) 2.5" Tach. They have it listed on their site but they dont make the programmable one anymore, only the 4-6-8 cly. one.

+ Reply to Thread